Studio update 27.01.09

Jun 19, 2002
www.borknagar.com
BORKNAGAR UPDATE- STUDIO
DRUMS RECORDED FOR 9 NEW SONGS

After a week of intense work, we are now finished recording the drums for the upcoming BORKNAGAR album. All in all 9 songs have been recorded and we can assure you that this will be the most heavy, groovy yet diverse and atmospheric album to date!

David did a fabulous job adding his signature drum style to our music. Overall he crafted well balanced drum patterns in good BORKNAGAR tradition but added his sophisticated sense groove and precise way of playing. It sounds nothing but amazing!

BORKNAGAR will continue recording the album in mid February. Then the main focus will be the recording of clean and electric guitar. Bass will possibly be recorded as well. The album will be recorded sporadically but the session is planned to be finished by the end of April.
We are extremely excited about the material this time around as it will sound vital and fresh as never before. We are sure we again will breach some musical borders with our new monumental effort. So beware!

Video diary from the studio session will be launched on the official BORKNAGAR MySpace site later, closer to the release of the album. So keep updated on: www.myspace.com/borknagar

On behalf of BORKNAGAR,
Øystein G. Brun

Ahh, this is so exciting! Imagine watching the studio update video's when they're first posted and hearing the new material for the first time.

What a feeling that will be. I'm scared to listen to the new material. Oystein sounds assuring though. Heaviest to date while also the most diverse? That's just a damn good sign. I hope heavy production accompanies the heavy sound.

I agree, very exciting! ...but end of April the recording will be done? :( I don't want to have to wait that long :cry:... I guess it will be out by summer/fall 2009. I really can't fucking wait :lol:! Hope you gusy have a blast recording it!

I agree, very exciting! ...but end of April the recording will be done? :( I don't want to have to wait that long :cry:... I guess it will be out by summer/fall 2009. I really can't fucking wait :lol:! Hope you gusy have a blast recording it!

I'll probably buy it but I really can't wait for it to leak. April is too long and Myrkgrav won't come until after Borky. So theres nothing to look forward to musically until Borknagar unless Falkenbach comes out soon. Or Manegarm.

You could make a photobucket account then upload them there and link us. Or theres Image Shack, I don't know if they make you create an account or not.

There's probably a more efficient way but that's what I do.

Good luck for the rest of the recordings!!..can´t wait to hear some of these songs!!!.

thanks for the update and the pics!

If it does please bring it to my attention.

Heres what they wrote on their Myspace in December:
Månegarm's Myspace blog said:
The visitors of Ragnarök festival will once again be striked by the hammer of Tor. This time we will have a new album out on REGAIN RECORDS.

The new album 'Nattväsen' (Night creatures) will be out in late february so this might just be the first time we play the new songs live.

So if you haven..t allready booked you trip to Lichtenfels in april DO IT NOW!

Cheers and see you all there!!!

For more info enter: www.ragnaroek-festival.com

I'll probably buy it but I really can't wait for it to leak. April is too long and Myrkgrav won't come until after Borky. So theres nothing to look forward to musically until Borknagar unless Falkenbach comes out soon. Or Manegarm.

Hm, well as I interpreted it, it's just the recording that will be done in April... who knows when the CD will be out and ready to be bought, which also means who knows when the promo will leak... although... and as much as I hate to say it, I really hope the CD doesn't leak. I hope the band and their label sees 100% of the potential money they could make. My reasoning for that is that if this album sells very well, they may have more motivation/receive more pressure to tour here in NA. :saint:

My good thoughts is actually because I'm selfish. :D

But maybe Oystein or someone else can clear this up, as far as I am concerned he meant the recording is done in April and the CD will come out at a later time, but if he meant the CD will be ready to be released in APril that will be great too.

Hey Joe, Oystein is reading our post as we post them!

:lol: I will post my parody soon so hopefully he'll be around then as well. I've just been waaay too busy to finish it lately.

Øystein G. Brun;7998209 said:

:kickass: Awesome! Was anyone else from the band in attendance or did you only record the drums with Dave and Borge?

P.S. An update on the status of the possibility of Simen singing on the CD would be great. If you're still trying to get him, awesome but please let me know! I'd rather hear a 'no' now, than wait 4 months and hear it. Thanks, you guys have been really good with the updates lately :kickass: Kudos to you and Jens!