NEW ALBUM FINISHED AND EUROPEAN LIVE DATES CONFIRMED

Direct translation:

A line-up in the beginning of the season we can be proud of!
Secrets of the Moon (GER), Code (UK / NOR) and Solstafir (ISL) to tour under the name PRIVILEGIVM 2009 and for three special shows in this tour they have none other than Norwegian masters of Borknagar to participate with them! Romein (the venue) has been named one of three special stages, so do not miss this show! The Dutch band Edge of Serenity tonight will also be part of this already great program, they will present their latest album to the audience.

Hmm.. Seems Edge of Serenity is a crappy local band, using the last few minutes to show their new album... dunno.

No, I talked to someone from the venue about it, because Im on shit like this haha, and I found out that they had booked the venue before the tour had booked it for the exact same night SO instead of saying no to either party, they put this Edge of Serenity band after us so everyone who traveled there can make the train on time since the trains stop at midnight. Doesnt bother me though. It'll be nice to play and not have the whole place clear out right away. Pound a few hundred beers and talk some shit with people. Should be a fun time. Looking forward to putting faces to the people I talk to on here. I'm sure everyone will be happy after we play when they finally see the setlist. Its going to be quite special.

No, I talked to someone from the venue about it, because Im on shit like this haha, and I found out that they had booked the venue before the tour had booked it for the exact same night SO instead of saying no to either party, they put this Edge of Serenity band after us so everyone who traveled there can make the train on time since the trains stop at midnight.

that's what i thought, too. But, it really doesn't help a shit 'cause my last train leaves before Borknagar even hit the stage!! So i'm just stuck there for the night! And since the show is so fckin special, i don't mind :p:headbang:

Doesnt bother me though. It'll be nice to play and not have the whole place clear out right away. Pound a few hundred beers and talk some shit with people. Should be a fun time. Looking forward to putting faces to the people I talk to on here. I'm sure everyone will be happy after we play when they finally see the setlist. Its going to be quite special.

definitely!! well, i just got here, so my face is new :p but i'll try to make sure and spot all you guys of the band, at least if you're gonna be hanging around ;)

I am in Oslo. Rehearsal starts tomorrow. Im quite drunk right now thanks to a fun night of drinking with Mr. Vortex so Im off to bed. Looking forward to the gigs

You need to take more picture of your shenanigans for us to enjoy! Simen is a really nice and funny as fuck guy (specially when he's kicking a buzz) so I know you had a blast!

Well, I was actually considering "emigrating" to Germany to watch "a gig or three".
Unfortunately, my masters' coordinator decided to give me a shitload of stuff to do, so I guess I'm going to the corner and cry, emo-style. Maybe cut my wrists.

I got it from the venue's website.

http://www.poppodiumromein.nl/agenda.php?id=338

Should I ask if it's 100% definitive? On the site, it also says its Edge of Serenity's tour (and the others) with Borknagar travelling with them.

well i guess it doesn't matter anymore:

Posponed Tourdates
With all sadness we have to anounce that Henk has been strucked by an heavy illness, we are forced to pospone some shows:

19/09/09 - Popfront Metalfestival - Zwolle - Holland
24/09/09 - Poppodium P3 - Purmerend - Holland
25/09/09 - Poppodium Romein - Leeuwarden - Holland

taken from http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=44415470&blogID=511398564

So Borknagar is now the last one to play on friday and is still the headliner :p

Awesome show.

The performance was solid, it all sounded great. And I was standing at the front row of course :) (where the sound usually is kinda muddy, from my experience)

I'm not really sure about the exact setlist, but I can tell you they played all the good stuff, including The Genuine Pulse, Colossus, Future Reminiscence, Universal and The Dawn of the End. Mostly tracks from that "For The Elements" cd. Even Dauden, and the outro from the debut album.
Mr. V. did a splendid job on the vocals of the other singers, especially the final part of Dawn of the End was beautiful.

I had a very long chat with Lazare when the band before Borknagar was playing, he was kind enough the sign the inlay of my Jerlov demo tape :) And I picked up a cool tourshirt afterwards.

the show yesterday was a blast!! i had the time of my life! :headbang:
Although to be honest, i wasn't very happy with the sound, as especially in the beginning i almost couldn't hear mr.V's vocals though you could see he's been singing his heart out, and also i was missing Lazare's keyboard pretty much. I was standing in the front row to the right. At first i thought that were my ears playing tricks on me after Secrets of the Moon show (never used ear plugs but i should have this time hehe). But i looked at my video recordings, and indeed, during Oceans Rise mr.V's mic could have been harder...

Later it got better though! All the guys were just fantastic, very enthusiastic, energetic and electric! :headbang::hotjump: Made lots of pics that turned out quite crappy (post them later). Talked to Dave and Lazare after the show a bit and made some pictures with mr.V and Lazare :D

Here's what i have filmed, enjoy!!!

Sorry Dave, i could barely see you from where i was standing but you already know... hope you like the vids anyway hehe ;)
It's funny how my photocamera films better than it takes pictures...

PS. the setlist was as follows:
Intro
Ruins of the Future
Gods of My World
Oceans Rise
Inherit the Earth
The Black Token
Ad Noctum
Future Reminiscence
Universal
The Eye of Oden
Genuine Pulse
Colossus
Dauden
Dawn of the End

which was not enough (for me at least)! :p wish they'd play for another hour...

Last edited by a moderator: