The title for the new album is....

I just listened to the test mastering of two of the new songs, and they sound great. I´m absolutely confident that you will love this album. Both Mr. V and Vortex do such amazing vocal performances, and I´m very happy with the way the songs turned out. It all sounds very fresh and Borknagar-ish.

Øystein G. Brun;8253997 said:
Indeed bro!

Excellent, I can't wait to hear them!!! I'm sure they'll be worthy of the name "Borknagar" :) :headbang: .

No samples yet though? :( Since two songs have been mastered, could you please upload one to MySpace?

I just listened to the test mastering of two of the new songs, and they sound great. I´m absolutely confident that you will love this album. Both Mr. V and Vortex do such amazing vocal performances, and I´m very happy with the way the songs turned out. It all sounds very fresh and Borknagar-ish.

I have a question: On "My Domain", there are just vocals from mr. V and Simen? I was wondering how amazing might sound a vocal trio of mr V, Simen and you.

Awesome! I really can't wait for the new CD in September, I hope you guys decide to be generous and put up a new track on the band myspace sometime in the summer. And just for clarification, does Simen only sing the one song "My Domain" or does he sing on any addition tracks? Thanks!

Welcome to the forum! :D

brotacular!

I noticed this and Aga's "brotastic", shouldn't it be "Borktastik" or "Borktakular"? :p ;)

Emotion. Something Mr.V does better than Simen.

Ah, yes. Makes sense, the only emotion you get out of Vortex is power/vikingness... Except with some of the stuff he's done with Dimmu Borgir... but his voice sounds nowhere near as good as it did in Quintessence.

Mr. V does put so much more into his singing.

I wish you sang too..... you are a lord of metal singers in my opinion. Age of Silence and Solefald aren't enough for me!!

Lars is doing some excellent vocals as well on the albums.!!

mr V

Excellent! What I'm intrigued about is that you wrote "albums", so can we expect several by him?

Because my good German friend "Solefald" (guy use to post here, some of you might remember him) sent me an e-mail saying that he talked to Cornelius, and that he said there'll be a new Solefald album this year!!!

:worship: :headbang:

Yes! Now I'm sure Universal will be awesome. Lars, Simen, Andreas - The Unholy Trinity.

Edit: Fuck, I misread that didn't I? Is Lars singing on Universal?

Hehehe the Unholy Trinity hehe, just add Mr. Rygg and you have an Arockalypse!!! ;) (Get it? Like Lordi's CD :p) .

And I believe he is singing on the album.

Once I dreamed about Mr V, Lars and Simen singing on the same Borknagar album...I can't wait for it!!!, specially the Vortex vocals that I know they won't be as overproduced as on Dimmu are.

I liked how Lars got some lead vocals on White and I thought it will be a fantastic element to hear it again, on a black/prog song. While I LOVE the Andreas clean vocals, Lars has a truly epic voice and he deserves more vocal room. On Asmegin's debut and Solefald's RxF-B:rofl: he did one of the best clean vocals I've heard on my life (even better than the Simen's ones on ISD).

I'm a little worried about the distribution on Indie Recordings. With CM I didn't have any major problem to get every Borknagar album. I hope to buy 'Universal' asap!

Hehehe the Unholy Trinity hehe, just add Mr. Rygg and you have an Arockalypse!!! ;) (Get it? Like Lordi's CD :p) .

Oh snap, that would be amazing, 4 of black metals best vocalists in one >.>

But 3 is most certainly be enough, I don't think Garm is too much into metal these days...

But he's singing on BM albums - remember Solefald's "Loki Trickster God" from Black for Death or "Homecoming" from Ihsahn's Adversary?

Still, I agree that 4 vocalists on one studio album would be a little too much ; ) Plus, Universal is already recorded. It's far too late to make such arrangements. Maybe next time...

But there is still time for a remix - fierce, exalted borknagarish BM through the eyes of cold and dark ulverish electronic artistry... Maybe some kind of a bonus for digipak edition? Or is it to extravagant idea? (Btw isn't it a synonym for both Borknagar and Ulver? : P) What do You think?

On some interviews, I remember Garm said he's not interested on Borknagar anymore, for him the project it's not interesting (anyway he changes his mind fast, as the time he said Kveldssanger was very 'inmature', also I heard that Garm is listening metal again).

To have Mr V and Lars singing on the same band it's something really awesome to any black metal band, now ICS will join them on a song (I hope he recorded more songs)... it's something fucking insane.

Maybe for the next album = Mr. V + Lazare + Garm? that sounds truly incredible.

But he's singing on BM albums - remember Solefald's "Loki Trickster God" from Black for Death or "Homecoming" from Ihsahn's Adversary?

Still, I agree that 4 vocalists on one studio album would be a little too much ; ) Plus, Universal is already recorded. It's far too late to make such arrangements. Maybe next time...

But there is still time for a remix - fierce, exalted borknagarish BM through the eyes of cold and dark ulverish electronic artistry... Maybe some kind of a bonus for digipak edition? Or is it to extravagant idea? (Btw isn't it a synonym for both Borknagar and Ulver? : P) What do You think?
A mix of Ulver and Borknagar sounds great to me.