Update- studio and new album!

Epic does have nice production. The bass stands out nice, showing off Asgeri's hard work, especially considering the fact that he is not a bassist. I like Epic the most out of the more recent albums.

Are you some kind of Texas inbred? The bass on Epic was mixed poorly and might as well have been audible. This has been stated by Asgeir in one form or another.

Rivalry of Phantoms sucks, thank you nutslap for understanding that. Invincible is filler, and Icon Dreams isn't much better. As well as the stupid instrumental.

No album is perfect, without these Quintessence would have been damn close.

Colossus > The Presence Is Ominous > Genesis Torn > Revolt > Ruins of Future > Everything else

Are you some kind of Texas inbred? The bass on Epic was mixed poorly and might as well have been audible. This has been stated by Asgeir in one form or another.

Rivalry of Phantoms sucks, thank you nutslap for understanding that. Invincible is filler, and Icon Dreams isn't much better. As well as the stupid instrumental.

No album is perfect, without these Quintessence would have been damn close.

Colossus > The Presence Is Ominous > Genesis Torn > Revolt > Ruins of Future > Everything else

:lol: Rivalry is a great song imo, as is Invincible, shit quality on that song though.

I honestly don't care that much about the bass on most metal albums. I'll admit that good bass playing makes things better, but most Borknagar albums are so dense already, that bass is my last priority, I'm usually paying attention to the vocals, drums, keyboards and guitars before listening for the bass. And I've never had any trouble hearing the bass on Epic anyway. It's certainly better mixed than a great deal of other metal albums out there.

I agree on that completely.

Regarding the discussion about Quintessence, there's no doubt for me:

Quintessence > Revolt > Everything else, but none of them sucks truly

Hrm, I'm able to hear the bass on Epic just fine.

The only song on Q that I don't like is the instrumental, everything else isn't all that bad.

PS: I wasn't born in Texas haha.

We've all said our opinions on what we think we want in the new Borknagar album. But I think we all can agree the new Borknagar will be a comeback album with ideas that have been thought of and practiced for the past 5 years or so. Time without metal=freshness for the new album. And I just have to thik Oystein has had many guitar riffs in his head since Epic was made a few years back and Origin wasn't a metal album. Though I will lt Oystein speak for himself on the matter if he so pleases. :)

That isn't what inbred means. El Salvador eh?

Que onda guey?

That "que onda güey" is used only in Mexico actually.

Yes, my mistake.

No hablo espanol...

Muy mal, muy mal :p .

We've all said our opinions on what we think we want in the new Borknagar album. But I think we all can agree the new Borknagar will be a comeback album with ideas that have been thought of and practiced for the past 5 years or so. Time without metal=freshness for the new album. And I just have to thik Oystein has had many guitar riffs in his head since Epic was made a few years back and Origin wasn't a metal album. Though I will lt Oystein speak for himself on the matter if he so pleases. :)

Good point. I think it'll be a great album, since Øystein said it was more old Bork oriented, I'm really looking forward to Mr.V's harsh vocals. I do love his clear vocals, mind you.