Update- studio and new album!

:) I thought the same but didn't feel like to say anything other than ":rolleyes:". Let him be the way he is and let's just discuss the good news.

I like getting a rise out of fanboys.

In recent times I realized that I don't have to keep forcing myself to like the band's whole discography, and have come to grips with the band's decline. Borknagar used to be my favorite band, but now I view it in the same light as Metallica. First four albums are golden, and it all fell apart after that.

And before any band members come in here to call me out, I'm sure you understand that a forum to discuss a band's music doesn't mean we all have to fall in love with everything to do with the band, so don't feel obligated to defend butthurt fanboys because some cynic comes in and expresses an opinion not so unconditionally loving of your band.

Have fun recording your new album, because with all the Bork-porkers here, you can't feel threatened by those less enthusiastic.

If the album is as good as Epic, I won't mind. If It's as bad as Empiricism, Borknagar will no longer be my favorite band.

I hope Oystein feels pressured. Even mentioning the first four albums sets the bar damn high for this one weather he wants it to sound like them or not.

you have fanboy stamped all over you zephyrus.

This. :lol:

In recent times I realized that I don't have to keep forcing myself to like the band's whole discography, and have come to grips with the band's decline. Borknagar used to be my favorite band, but now I view it in the same light as Metallica. First four albums are golden, and it all fell apart after that.

No one cares, if you don't like the music anymore, don't listen... fuck man how pathetic would it be for me to be on the Lil' Wayne Forum bitching about his music... seriously think about it. Your opinion is just an opinion, and we already know your opinion from every other thread. So instead of instigating, why don't you put your time and energy somewhere else?

And before any band members come in here to call me out, I'm sure you understand that a forum to discuss a band's music doesn't mean we all have to fall in love with everything to do with the band, so don't feel obligated to defend butthurt fanboys because some cynic comes in and expresses an opinion not so unconditionally loving of your band.

Have fun recording your new album, because with all the Bork-porkers here, you can't feel threatened by those less enthusiastic.

I'm sure the band members could care less. You'd like that though, if they'd acknowledge you, maybe you'd feel a bit special, is that your goal here? I like the band, except the Garm era, and I will continue to be a fan. If it's not my tastes, then I won't worry too much. A lot of my fav bands released disappointing albums this year, but guess what? LIFE GOES ON! Calling fans of the band fanboys who fall in love with everything the band does for no reason is absolutely stupid. I think you're just here to stir shit up for your own amusement and I think you should be banned from the forum. Until then, I hope everyone can ignore your childish antics and not have the thread derailed and let's keep a discussion going about the news we just got.

It's funny because the only reason anyone is annoyed with you is because you're acting like such a moronic fanboy, not that we have a problem with you not liking Vintersrog.

I would be that type of fanboy if I thought their first four albums were the best thing since sliced bread. I can think of dozens of superior albums. And Vintersorg is not the only reason for the decline. If you want to discuss the quality of the music itself, that would be great.

I don't really care what happens to me here. I come here once a week or so just to see nothing posted, or else nothing of any meaning besides what band members post. Seems the only thing you guys talk about is whether the next album will be good or not. Maybe I want to give my own take on it. Seems fair. And if you don't like my tone, ignore it.

And before you reply "then don't bother posting". Shut up. This isn't a club where only a narrow range of opinions are regarded as "fair". I put up with enough of that bullshit in the GMD. :lol:

Cheers.

I remember the days when I wanted to get a Borknagar tat.

If there comes a day I stop liking any of their music (very unlikely) I will always regard Borknagar as the band that got me into Black Metal, an honor that can never be lost.

I'm full on looking forward to this album, I like almost everything Borknagar has done, i thought epic was a bit of a rehash of empericism, but still excellent. not overly into origin myself, but its just accoustic remakes, so no real judgement on future output.

any cd that includes Vintersorg, and Lazare, 2 of my favorite vocalists, metal or not, and has the potential to include Vortex gets me pretty pumped up.

lastly, everybody needs to not get their panties in such a twist about opinions, metal, or music in general is subjective. for example, just using a previous post for reference, not direct attack, i find Deathspells si monumentum album to be kind of plain, i personally just dont hear any of the super darkness or extremeness that most people seem to find in it, and the prayers, which i guess were inserted for dramatic effect, seem almost like forced horror movie music.

The new Bork drummer gives some additonal news about the upcoming recording. And watch the video while you're at it, jump forward 8 minutes or so into it, where he starts to show what he is able to do. This guy is really good...

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=112033

He also runs the organization METAL4PETS, which helps find homes for neglected and abused animals. Link here:http://www.myspace.com/METAL4PETS

Yay - Borknagar for the animals! :kickass:

I disagree, I prefer newer Bork to old Bork. I've nver fully liked old Norsk Black (with, for some reason, the exception of Taake), so I believe that Bork has done a great job in the last two albums. Quintessence is still my favourite though :headbang: .

He also runs the organization METAL4PETS, which helps find homes for neglected and abused animals. Link here:http://www.myspace.com/METAL4PETS

Yay - Borknagar for the animals! :kickass:

Horrah! :)