Actual Iron Maiden Downunder news

Am I that pissed that my post was so hard to decipher?

There is a 2nd show in sydney.
tickets went on sale today at 11am.
I picked a 2nd show in sydney on the 2nd page of this post....whatever day that was?
There were holes in the scedule...always were

even the hotels in sydney knew that there was something up, prices were at max for the whole weekend, and have been for ages!

Let's hope this is proof to Rod and co that ignoring Australia for the last 15 years is the dumbest fucking thing they've done; they obviously have demand there, despite what EMI might tell them (and considering EMI's shithouse marketing, no doubt they wanted an excuse for any poor sales... but don't get me started on that:p). Excellent news, guys! Now I have to hope they do a London show or two, instead of a Donington gig.

The fucking asshats at EMI Australia haven't cared about Iron Maiden since 1987. It still pisses me off when I think of the time they sent promos pics of the FOTD line-up for a story I was running on VXI.

sounds like brisbane is the place to be for the great furnally, last show will be :headbang: best show, maybe a cupple of extra songs just to say thanks fckers for your support..:kickass:

let time stand for all man, woman, and child for the great IRON MAIDEN shows

let the storys be told of the nights you sang with IRON MAIDEN and how they rocked your world as they do mine.

we are there past and now there future till death do us part

HALLOWED BE THY NAME

NEVER MINDED THE BOLLOCKS WE'VE GOT IRON MAIDEN

Taken from Maidens website and confirming Rod Smallwood doesnt know squat about Australia:

Iron Maiden's SOMEWHERE BACK IN TIME WORLD TOUR got off to a flying start today in Australia, where Sydney's Acer Arena sold out within 25 minutes of going on sale and Melbourne's Rod Laver Arena sold out within 15 minutes, leading to promoter Paul Dainty immediately putting on sale second shows in both cities and commenting; "Sales for the tour have been phenomenal with over 40,000 tickets being sold in the first hour. Ticketek reported that the queues have been the longest at their ticket outlets for any on-sale for ages. This is a hugely anticipated tour here."

Australia is the first country on the 2008 tour to go on sale. Full details of the rest of first tour leg in Feb/Mar 08, in which the band, crew and equipment will travel in a specially customised 757 jumbo piloted by vocalist Bruce Dickinson, will be announced next month, with tickets for most countries going on sale in November.

Manager Rod Smallwood commented "This is a great start to what promises to be a really memorable tour and year for the band. We haven't been to Australia for over 15 years but l guess the incredible demand for tickets shows that Metal is truly back down under. And hopefully by returning there after all these years we can help re-establish it even more"

The full Australian dates for Feb 08 are now:

Mon 4th - Perth Burswood Dome
Wed 6th - Melbourne Rod Laver Arena
Thurs 7th - Melbourne Rod Laver Arena
Sat 9th - Sydney Acer Arena
Sun 10th - Sydney Acer Arena
Tues 12th - Brisbane Entertainment Centre
http://www.ironmaiden.com

"Sales for the tour have been phenomenal with over 40,000 tickets being sold in the first hour. Ticketek reported that the queues have been the longest at their ticket outlets for any on-sale for ages. This is a hugely anticipated tour here."

This is bogus. Most of those tickets went in pre-sales. The gold tickets were virtually sold out at every venue before the proper public sale even opened. But I'm sure Dainty doesn't want to let that cat out of the bag.

sounds like brisbane is the place to be for the great furnally, last show will be :headbang: best show, maybe a cupple of extra songs just to say thanks fckers for your support..:kickass:

Unfortunately, Maiden don't change their setlists anymore - you'll get what everyone else got :)

I honestly and truly thought Maiden would do something special for the last show on their AMOLAD tour, but Mark assured me they wouldn't. They didn't. Not even one different song. However, Bruce did change his between-song banter a little from the previous night.

HAHAHA! Well you have plenty of people to do that with here by the looks of it, Josh! ;)

I actually enjoy posting on the LORD forum now, which is a huge contrast to about a year ago. There's huge fans on there as there are on every official forum but it's balanced too. A lot of people tell us what they DON'T like about what we do, which is absolutely fair enough, and because they're being respectful about it, we have absolutely no problem with that... in fact, if there was an overzealous fanboi in there having a go at them for that, we'd be telling them to settle down. And in contrast, a lot of the people who were there stirring up shit are now either banned or have moved on, so it's a pretty pleasant place now.

But back to Maiden... yep, they only care about the music, man!!!!!!111!! Don't you fuckers try to tell us any different! Fuck you all! You don't understand how brilliant they are!1!!!!11etc.!!1

HAHAHA! Well you have plenty of people to do that with here by the looks of it, Josh! ;)

I actually enjoy posting on the LORD forum now, which is a huge contrast to about a year ago. There's huge fans on there as there are on every official forum but it's balanced too. A lot of people tell us what they DON'T like about what we do, which is absolutely fair enough, and because they're being respectful about it, we have absolutely no problem with that... in fact, if there was an overzealous fanboi in there having a go at them for that, we'd be telling them to settle down. And in contrast, a lot of the people who were there stirring up shit are now either banned or have moved on, so it's a pretty pleasant place now.

Well, I must admit, apart from me we hated the exact same people. We were almost on the same team :lol: I called it Team anti-fuckwit clique.

I actually like that I can tell you I don't like something you do and not have you get all shitty at me for it, it's a refreshing quality in a musician.

Im happy Maiden dont change there set list, letsd face it...they can warm up on the shows in perth and melbourne so they can get it right in sydney.

As for the rest of the world.......we are first remember!