Actual Iron Maiden Downunder news

Phloggy, I'm staying at the Ibis which is, like, a thirty second walk from Acer Arena. Have a look and see how much rooms are there, or the Novotel which is next door. Most likely booked out though.

I got my accom sorted, I'm staying with friends and going to the show with them. I might be able to catch up with some of you before the gig at that pub you mentioned but we'll have to see how the cards fall on the night.

I'm still not sure about that tour shirt, I think I'll stick with the generic design with all the Eddies!

Taken from the Behind Crimson Eyes MySpace page:

http://www.myspace.com/behindcrimsoneyes

20 Jan 2008 8:00 P
Big Day Out - Gold Coast Gold Coast, Queensland
25 Jan 2008 6:00 P
Big Day Out - Sydney Sydney, New South Wales
28 Jan 2008 4:00 P
Big Day Out - Melbourne Melbourne, Victoria
9 Feb 2008 8:00 P
Iron Maiden - Sydney Acer Arena Sydney, New South Wales
10 Feb 2008 8:00 P
Iron Maiden - Sydney Acer Arena Sydney, New South Wales
12 Feb 2008 8:00 P
Iron Maiden - Brisbane Entertainment Centre Brisbane, Queensland

16 Feb 2008 12:00 P
MS FEST Launceston, Tasmania

OK, so now I need to organise some accomodation for Sydney. How far from the CBD is Acer Arena? What's the best way to get there? Where's the best place to stay?

Phlogg, Acer Arena is at Olympic Park, Homebush Bay. The easiest way to get there is by rail. Get the train from Central to Lidcombe and there's a shuttle from Lidcombe to Olympic Park. Just remember that you have to go to Olympic Park, Homebush Bay, not Homebush, which is two suburbs away. Like Spiff said you could stay at the Novotel or the Ibis, but if they're sold out you could try the Mercure at Rosehill. Either that or get a place in the city although it'll be a bitch getting back there after the show unless you want to pay $30 for a cab.

Thanks all. The website says the Ibis and Novotel are sold out, and the Mercure is $260 a night, but my girlfriend has magical travel agent powers, so we'll see how she goes. It looks like Paramatta would be a better option than the city though, yeah? I also remember staying in Lidcome one time when I was there for work.

Parra is much closer then the CBD and you'll find plenty of places to stay (from budget to more up-class places). I wouldn't advise staying at the Mercure if you're catching the train though.... even though it's a bit closer, you would have to change trains three times (Olympic to Lidcombe, Lidcombe to Clyde, Clyde to Rosehill). That is of course if the trains are even running on the Rosehill line at that time

Screamy, angsty emo-rock. 80% of the crowd will hate them.

I liked 'em. They've got a My Chemical Romance sort of thing happening. That said, I'd say that expecting 20% of the crowd to like them is being a bit generous.

Maybe it's just something that Maiden does to build tension? Last time they they had Judge Mercy opening for them, and they good booed of the stage, at least here in Melbourne.

Parra is much closer then the CBD and you'll find plenty of places to stay (from budget to more up-class places). I wouldn't advise staying at the Mercure if you're catching the train though.... even though it's a bit closer, you would have to change trains three times (Olympic to Lidcombe, Lidcombe to Clyde, Clyde to Rosehill). That is of course if the trains are even running on the Rosehill line at that time

My girlfriend is coming up with me, but not to the show, so you can bet it'll be one of the nicer places. Probably won't be many trains involved, either. :)

Thanks all. The website says the Ibis and Novotel are sold out, and the Mercure is $260 a night, but my girlfriend has magical travel agent powers, so we'll see how she goes. It looks like Paramatta would be a better option than the city though, yeah?

Yeah.

I also remember staying in Lidcome one time when I was there for work.

You don't want to stay in Lidcombe.

Yes Gorey, I do walk fast. I also don't check my watch when I walk, so perhaps it's more than 30 seconds. And I guess I should add that I haven't actually walked from the Ibis to the stadium, but I have walked from the train station to the stadium and that didn't take long at all.

I remember when Mark was doing webby work for the official Maiden website and he was talking over MSN or ICQ or whatever with some bloke at Sanctuary about who the opening act should be for one of those Brixton shows they do for Clive Burr. It became obvious that they were only interested in younger bands that the "kids" would like.

BCE = PUKE.

I hope thats another joke!

Too much time on my hands... mm cold beer and Somewhere In Time...