Actual Iron Maiden Downunder news

Wouldn't surprise me if there's a local and overseas support. Seems to be popular these days with some international bands (Motley Crue, Gunners, Kiss, Heaven & Hell).

I got a Christmas card from the band today, signed and everything. Sceptics will say that the signatures are printed on there but I don't care, I'm assuming it's the real thing.

But there's no actual official news so maybe it's not true. And surely there'll be a proper band for the main support slot. Surely.

OK, this is interesting...

Both the Blabbermouth article and the original Burn In Reason MySpace page that was linked from it has been taken down. And now I see this page: http://www.myspace.com/birband

On that other page, George Harris' personal page was linked from it too with comments from a few of the guys after the pics (which were mostly the ones on this new page).

I'm starting to suspect the other page (and personal pages) were a fake and it was leaked to Blabbermouth as news. Either that or there was some drastic reshuffling after someone's kid was yelled at for spilling the beans to early. ;)

The news came to Blabbermouth from Maidenfans.com, and here's a post in the comment section:

:: Chaos 3-January-2008 1:10 am says...

" This bulletin was posted earlier today. From: BURN IN REASON Date: Jan 2, 2008 11:39 AM Subject: We're not actually playing the maiden tour... Body: it was just a joke to wind up our mates and it's gone a bit too far..... so stop talking about it..! "

Thank Ged for that!