Actual Iron Maiden Downunder news

My tickets for the second Sydney show have not turned up, rang Ticketek they advise that they will not resend them but a credit to be collected at the box office on the night of the gig ...pain in the arse i'd say dammm
Fuk australia post

yeah all my others arrived ok ... but hey i will still be able to see them just a pain in the arse having to line up... better not get too pissed before hand....mmmm

If anyone is still interested, Virgin Blue is having a sale at the moment. I just got SYD-MEL tickets for $79 each way. You'll also note that I told you *after* I got my tickets.

If anyone is still interested, Virgin Blue is having a sale at the moment. I just got SYD-MEL tickets for $79 each way. You'll also note that I told you *after* I got my tickets.
haha, I got my tix a while back, i think it was about $240 return from SA to Syd. I wasnt prepared to wait for a sale on the off chance I actually slept after the show and had the misfortune of a landing flight before midday, they had to be avoided at all costs!:lol:

I'm guessing it'll probably be an overseas band?

Wouldn't be Lauren Harris would it? I heard she opened on last years tour...

I'd be stoked with VP but cant see Maiden going with a local band.... But to be honest, I don't really know what the hell I'm talking about.

Did Lord contact them at all with a hope or ya's just couldn't see it happening?
How does that actually work? Do you guys contact their management/promoters or do they have a short list and contact you guys?

Yeah, bands put their interest to do it forward to the promoter with their press pack, etc. and if you're lucky you'll get a reply telling you they even know you exist (for the big promoters anyway) and if you're REALLY lucky, they tell you you've been added into the short-list.

I can say now that the chance of a local indie metal band getting the Maiden support is extremely low. There's a lot of politics that goes on behind the scenes, sadly. And it's definitely no secret that LORD went for the spot. I'd say VP would have done as well.

I honestly have no idea who their support will be, but I believe the spot is spoken for though.