Actual Iron Maiden Downunder news

Yeah Trixxi, they should! I feel real bad for Wrathy but for me its become a nightmare of which city to go to, Melbourne or Sydney. I've never been to Sydney before and its the bigger venue so maybe a bigger stage show... I dunno, any Sydneysiders got any thoughts/useful info on the venue?

Acer Arena is fucking enormous. It's a spectacular venue to see anything.

Logistics? You're in Australia already, there is nothing that couldn't have been overcome to play here.

Yep, I agree with you 100% but I'm still not missing this show. Once in a lifetime experience and possibly the only show I'll see in 2008, haha!

Damm, I have to go to Cooma on Thursday for a Centrelink stakeholders meeting and won't be back until say 2ish. Hope some presale tix are left. Fuk it......

You should be right, Bucko. They way I understand it they're not releasing a number of tickets, they're allowing each Fan Club member to buy 8 tickets each early (4 floor, 4 seats)

They could play Adelaide and still finish ahead for the Australian tour EASILY.

Logistics? You're in Australia already, there is nothing that couldn't have been overcome to play here.

The Amazer is most wise. Unfortunately it doesn't look as if stating what's perfectly true and appealing to common sense will make a blind bit of difference :rolleyes:.

I'm happy for everyone here that will get to see them, but apart from that I'm finding it very hard to summon much enthusiasm.

W

Just write a lovely, heartfelt letter to Smallwood explaining your situation and how it has been your lifelong dream to see Sabbath w/ Dio... er, Maiden live. You never know, maybe they'll do the nice thing and send you a sticker.

I'm serious about what I said before, though, I'm sure some people here would be happy to lend a hand if you were to travel to Melbourne or Sydney, even if it's just to send you a map or something. They're never going to tour Australia again (I honestly thought Earl's Court would be the last time I'd see them) so you've gots ta do something.

One of the support acts for the South American leg is said to be Rata Blanca, according to this post on Blabbermouth.

Now obviously we won't get them, but it's interesting to note that they expect to have a European and American support act as well. Three support acts? Crikey. I wonder if we'll get that too.

Let the speculation begin.

What happened when you people signed up for the online fan club? I put my payment in on Thursday last week (Sep 13) and got a Paypal receipt, but nothing else. How am I meant to register without the transaction reference that was meant to be in the confirmation email from the Maiden site? I'm running out of time.... :(

Edit: I emailed the site and they sorted it out for me very promptly. Nice!

MY TICKETEK INTERNET PRE-SALE
Pre-sale starts : Tue 25 Sep, noon
Pre-sale ends* : Wed 26 Sep, noon
General public on sale : Thu 27 Sep, 9am
A pre-sale is an opportunity to secure tickets prior to the General Public, not a preferential seating service. A selection of seating throughout the venue is made available for pre-sales.
* or until pre-sale allocation is sold out.
On sale times are quoted in local time.

Ticket Prices*
Gold - $150.00
Silver - $99.00
*Transaction fees apply.

That's almost affordable! Methinks I'll lash out and get Gold tickets for one show, then silver for the rest. Haven't figured out exactly what I'm doing yet, though.

Actually, I jest. The majority of us know what Wrathy's situation is and feel for him. If there was anything we could do to facilitate his seeing Maiden then I'm sure we would give it a go.

Spiff speaks the truth. I understand that Rod Laver Arena is pretty well set up for wheelchairs. If you can get yourself to Melbourne I might not hold your dick when you pee, but I'll certainly point out where the toilets are for you.

What happened when you people signed up for the online fan club? I put my payment in on Thursday last week (Sep 13) and got a Paypal receipt, but nothing else. How am I meant to register without the transaction reference that was meant to be in the confirmation email from the Maiden site? I'm running out of time.... :(

Edit: I emailed the site and they sorted it out for me very promptly. Nice!

Yeah I have the same problem, I just emailed them. The site claims I'm a FC member, but I never filled that activation form (because I don't have that number their asking for!!!!!!!!)

Pretty good prices.. Was expecting a lot more.