Actual Iron Maiden Downunder news

I'm listening to AMOLAD at the moment.
Some cracking songs on this album.
For The Greater Good of God is killer.... That's on right now.... Pretty damn epic.
I'm kinda spewing that they won't play any of these songs or BNW songs

I saw them play the entire album live last year... twice.

Good stuff. I insist to anyone who will listen that AMOLAD is their best album, and I kind of wish it was their last so that they could go out on a high.

I insist to anyone who will listen that AMOLAD is their best album, and I kind of wish it was their last so that they could go out on a high.
Strange attitude to have. Perhaps if they had done an album after it that sucked, then called it a day, it would make sense to take that attitude, but when the latest thing they have done is your favourite, and you now want them to quit? Strange. Their next album might top it!

One thing I love about Maiden is that you ask any fan their favourite album and you have no idea what they will say, which isn't the case with many bands. SSOASS is one of my least fav, but many peoples favs. TXF is one of my favs, but many people don't like it.

mmmm. makes It hard to buy tickets I wanna go to as many shows as possible , but not miss out on 2nd or 3rd Sydney shows if announced, cause I blew all me dough traveliing to Brisie & Melb... ..

Cause thats what happened with Motorhead, going to Sydney & Newcastle gigs but not the Sunday gig back in Sydney...

.Damm it ....

Strange attitude to have. Perhaps if they had done an album after it that sucked, then called it a day, it would make sense to take that attitude, but when the latest thing they have done is your favourite, and you now want them to quit? Strange. Their next album might top it!

Not strange at all. I would rather they go out at the top of their game rather than risk another Fear of the Dark or Dance of Death. It would have been a wonderful end to a wonderful recording career.

Not saying I want them to quit at all. I said I "kind of wished" it had been their last album. I'm glad they're still going, but if they had called it a day I would have been happy for them.

Yes after finally buying Fear of the Dark, its a poor Album. I like "Affaid to Shoot Strangers" but I really think Blaze sang it better or maybe I am just been conditioned over the years to only hearing Blazes live go at the song

I can't understand why people say Blaze is better at Afraid to Shoot Strangers. Because he's not. He's better at it than any other "old" songs he tries, but that's about it.

Damnit, I've been listening to that in the car for a good part of the morning/afternoon and didn't hear anything about it.

I don't want the tour promoted yet :(. I want to get my tickets first, THEN they can start promoting it :lol:

I received an email from DCE (Dainty promo) that Maiden wont be coming to Adelaide for "logistical" reasons.

This news was to be expected. Maybe it was the runway or another reason...

I'm getting ready to sign up for the pre pre sales and book my flight etc to melb. Are any of you going to the "visiting fans meet-up" (in Melb) prior to the show?

I reckon they'll play Somewhere in Time, Spruce, I would be shocked if they didnt.

I'm a pretty big Powerslave fan so Im keen as mustard to see (some of) the stage sets I missed out by only a year or two...