Actual Iron Maiden Downunder news

Do we have absolute confirmation that the online club is what we need for early access to tickets tho? Does anyone know how it will actually work, as in, how it will give us access and not the general public? I would just like to know as much about it as possible before joining, is all.

Yes. See my previous post of what is on the website.

When Mark and I booked our tickets for the London show last year I believe we were given a link to whatever mob sold the tickets. He'd be the best one to discuss this because he's a member and he's done the ticket thing before.

I'm sure we'll be given a link to the bit on the Ticketek website giving us early access.

Spiffo it was your previous post that begged me to ask the question, as it doesn't mention anything about tickets at all...

In theory, it would only take someone with that membership to spill the beans on where to get the tickets online earlier anyway wouldn't it? Would just be a link and a password to a section of the ticketek site I assume?

Australia pre-sale
Published: September 5, 2007

Yes, we will be doing a fanclub (online and offline members) pre-sale for the Australian gigs. Watch this space for info over the next couple of weeks.

We're also planning to do First To The Barrier, but as the gigs aren't until February you don't need to worry about that quite yet!

This is the post I was talking about, not the one listing the member benefits.

I'm assuming you would get either a link or a password. Pretty sure there's no way they'd be able to police it, but I may be wrong.

posted by the admin at IMOC

Presale.

As mentioned in the FC news (!) it's for IMFC and IMOC members. But the IMFC members must have online accounts (though if they don't, they won't be reading this).

Not sure what the allocation per member is yet, but it'll be at least 4 tickets per member, per gig.

Sit back, relax, the pre-sale doesn't start til the 20th. You'll be PM'd your codes in plenty of time.

There's a bloke on the official forum called Aussie_Wrathchild who uses the MD logo in his avatar. Not sure who he is, I guess he either pinched the pic or used to post here. Any ideas? He's from Brisbane.

posted by the admin at IMOC

Presale.

As mentioned in the FC news (!) it's for IMFC and IMOC members. But the IMFC members must have online accounts (though if they don't, they won't be reading this).

Not sure what the allocation per member is yet, but it'll be at least 4 tickets per member, per gig.

Sit back, relax, the pre-sale doesn't start til the 20th. You'll be PM'd your codes in plenty of time.

I dare say that when they open the presale you'll get your code PMed to you from the Iron Maiden board, and you'll type it in when you go to buy your tickets. Seems to be the only way they'll be able to police it, really.

* from Ironmaiden.com

Australia Pre-sale - Act Now!
Published: September 11, 2007

Club members will be able to buy tickets for Iron Maiden's Australian dates in our pre-sale, which starts on September 20th. Here's what you need to know:

Who can take part?

The presale is open to all IMFC and IMOC members. Not sure if you're a member? Login on the homepage and look at the 'Membership Check' on the right hand side - it'll tell you.

If you're not a member, you can Join Now if you want to take part in the pre-sale. Please make sure you've joined before September 19th to guarantee your membership is active in time. Prices start at only £10 / year!

If you join the Iron Maiden Fan Club or are an existing member, please make sure your online account is active - remember, we don't do this for you automatically!

How will it work?

On the evening of the 19th, we will send you your personal presale code via Private Message. All you need to do is log in to the site and check your messages - full details, including the link to buy, will be in there.

The presale runs from noon on September 20th to noon on September 24th (local Aussie time!). You've got plenty of time to buy, so no skiving off work to sit at your computer!

Be Prepared.

If you want to buy tickets, you need to be registered on the Ticketek website. You can do this right now - just follow the link.

If you want to take part in the 'First To The Barrier' draw, which will be held early next year, please make sure you buy tickets from the front section. Don't worry - we'll explain in more detail in your Private Message.

REMEMBER
If you're joining the fanclub in order to take part, please act now!
Make sure you've got your membership activated by September 19th!
No pre-sale codes will be sent to members joining after that date!

Now available at Eddie's Megastore:

sbit_large.jpg

I'm listening to AMOLAD at the moment.
Some cracking songs on this album.
For The Greater Good of God is killer.... That's on right now.... Pretty damn epic.
I'm kinda spewing that they won't play any of these songs or BNW songs

Yeah, For The Greater Good of God is one of the best things they have ever done, as is the album. It makes me like Maiden even more knowing that they are still capable of such material. Brilliant stuff.

That said, don't be sad that the tour will be all 80s stuff, the 80s stuff rocks too. :headbang:

Yeah... no sadness.... It's all good.

I've been listening to the whole back catalogue and remembering how fuckin good maiden are.

Somewhere in time is my favorite.
Good from start to finish.
I wish they would play CAUUUGGGHT SOMEWHEEER IN TIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIME
That is in my top 5 Maiden songs I reckon.

Only album I never really could get into is.....
powerslave