Actual song length??????

Vidovic

New Metal Member
Oct 4, 2008
allright, my MP3 player plays "Cry of the black birds" for around 30 minutes, and i noticed that when i want to play the song on my computer, its length is 3 minutes 50 seconds, so, wtf? which is the actual length, does my MP3 player just feel like playing it for this long or what? whats going on?

no not his mp3, first of all it shows that you downloaded the songs your not playing them or ripped them from a cd
support the band and get yourself a cd damnit

anyway the one you downloaded was leaked about 2 years ago where almost all the songs are more than 30 mins except for asator (or another song)
but however the songs are not that long offcourse, its just that file thats fucked up

again go buy the cd

hmmm I suggest you idiots think a little before you post. You know amazon has all of amon amarth on their mp3 store? Also just because it's mp3 does not mean someone got it for free, you know there a little thing called ripping your own cds so that you can put them on your portable music player. It's quite popular with people who still buy cds.

No, I think YOU are one of the idiots that should think before you post because Vidovic clearly has illegally downloaded a leaked copy of With Oden on Our Side. As amon666 was saying.. one of the first leaked copies of With Oden on Our Side to appear on the internet had 30 minute lengths on most songs. IDIOT!

illegal downloading is ok, IF YOU BUY THE ALBUM AFTER

NON-ALBUM BUYING FAGGOT CUNTS

Actually, you are allowed to download the songs of a CD when you have bought a license for it, e.g. AFTER you bought the CD, but nevermind. I had that problem, too by ripping not just one CD. And I DID rip it from MY CDs, that I have BOUGHT.
What ripper do you guys use? Just curious if it is the ripper's fault or what.

But to be totally honest, I even ripped Cry of the blackbirds and Death in fire from internet radio before I bought the CDs, so I am guilty, too!

hmmm I suggest you idiots think a little before you post. You know amazon has all of amon amarth on their mp3 store? Also just because it's mp3 does not mean someone got it for free, you know there a little thing called ripping your own cds so that you can put them on your portable music player. It's quite popular with people who still buy cds.

QFT

i bought with oden on our side, and i also downloaded it online so i can put it on my ipod.

i see no problem with doing this because the band got my money and i own the music now.

EDIT**
on a side note, i have downloaded with oden on our side album with the same problem, my itunes said each song were like 30+ min each.

Just to give you guys something to think about, where would a lot of metal bands be without piracy? There's a great many people (including myself) who obtain music from less than legal sources in order to find new interesting music. If I like it and can afford to, I then go and see if I can find their albums and buy them.

I had the same when I torrented WOOOS (which I did to get a preview of the album, I was going to buy it either way - just like I bought all their other albums as well). Probably just someone who sucks balls at ripping. But the songs should play fine either way.

Remember though, if you like it, you should buy it!

No, I think YOU are one of the idiots that should think before you post because Vidovic clearly has illegally downloaded a leaked copy of With Oden on Our Side. As amon666 was saying.. one of the first leaked copies of With Oden on Our Side to appear on the internet had 30 minute lengths on most songs. IDIOT!
This.
If he had a legally purchased copy, this problem wouldn't happen. And if he had the cd he could listen to the cd and say to himself "hmm...was that song thirty minutes long?"

Just to give you guys something to think about, where would a lot of metal bands be without piracy? There's a great many people (including myself) who obtain music from less than legal sources in order to find new interesting music. If I like it and can afford to, I then go and see if I can find their albums and buy them.
I mean, myspace will do the same. I just listen to a band's myspace and if I dig it I'll buy.

I mean, myspace will do the same. I just listen to a band's myspace and if I dig it I'll buy.
Very true, however, bands don't always have a myspace. And for me it generally takes a decent amount of listening before I can decide whether or not it's worth buying, which is infinitely easier and more convenient with mp3s (not to mention the quality, which is usually better in mp3s found in torrents than on myspace pages).

My decent stack of CDs will however tell you I have absolutely no problems with buying albums if I like them. Usually it's more of a financial issue.. I am a student after all, haha