Amon Amarth song error question...

RideForVengeance

New Metal Member
Apr 12, 2005
Singapore
The 1st song of The Avenger is called Bleed For Ancient Gods.
Now at the 1.40 mark there is this weird sound. It doesn't sound like static, it sounds like something (microphone?) was dropped when the music was being recorded.
I tried the CD on my CD player, discman and computer and each time the sound appeared at the 1.40 mark.

Anyway to those who have Amon Amarth's The Avenger on CD or on your mp3 whatsoever could you give a listen to Bleed For Ancient Gods between 1.38 to 1.42 and see if there really is an error or is my copy defective?

Thanks.

yeah you can kinda hear a little weird note.. nothin i'd ever actually hear myself.. and if you've got guitarpro you can find out what it was...

Well I just happened to notice it. I don't mind such errors when it comes to Black metal but for other genres I would prefer my CDs to be as error-free as possible.

At about five tenths of a second into the 1:40 mark I hear what your talking about. But like some other guy said its a drop in the note which is a little faster then the one 8 seconds later. Right when he drops the note the snare hits twice and sounds like someone dropped a mic.

TheLastWithPaganBlood said:
I know another AA song error. Here goes: In Masters of War Johan sings:

"Rape every whore
that carries the cross!"

It should of course be:

"Rape every whore
WHO carries the cross!"

there are many errors in AA lyrics.
let me think of one.... well i know of a few, but i can only think of one^^:

"as he sobing realize"
its more like "as he, sobbing, realizeS." :p and the "sobbing" inserted in that sentence sounds weird. but it doesnt really matter anyway

EVERLOSTINDEADETERNITY said:
At about five tenths of a second into the 1:40 mark I hear what your talking about. But like some other guy said its a drop in the note which is a little faster then the one 8 seconds later. Right when he drops the note the snare hits twice and sounds like someone dropped a mic.

I see. Thanks for the clarification!

I think i've got one...its been bothering me for a while now...In Arson, it says in the lyrics "...we went to greet them, in the(or our) fields." However, when I listen to it on my computer, it sounds like he's saying " We went to greet them with our spears." And then with my headphones on, it sounds like " We went to greet them, with our steel."....which flippin one is it? Or am I just a retard and the football helmet I have to wear keeps screwing around with the sound?

OnceSealedInBlood said:
I think i've got one...its been bothering me for a while now...In Arson, it says in the lyrics "...we went to greet them, in the(or our) fields." However, when I listen to it on my computer, it sounds like he's saying " We went to greet them with our spears." And then with my headphones on, it sounds like " We went to greet them, with our steel."....which flippin one is it? Or am I just a retard and the football helmet I have to wear keeps screwing around with the sound?

you should just read the lyrics. you know that exists right? the real lyrics are "with our steel" and i clearly here that. did you mean you read that the lyrics were "in the fields"? well thats an error, i dont know from what site you got that. in the booklet its written "with our steal".

Celtik Militia said:
you should just read the lyrics. you know that exists right? the real lyrics are "with our steel" and i clearly here that. did you mean you read that the lyrics were "in the fields"? well thats an error, i dont know from what site you got that. in the booklet its written "with our steal".

My booklet says "We went to meet them, in the fields..." Haha what the hell? Thats pretty crazy...Maybe they decided to change it around? Because I bought the album at the beginning of december....