ADA MP-1 preamps

Can't wait to hear 'em X - and to give this a bump, does anyone have any experience with ADA power amps, specifically the Microtube series? There's a microtube 100 on ebay right now that looks pretty sweet (I'm questing for a power amp at the moment), and the guy says it's a hybrid between tubes (12AX7's I assume, maybe even smaller) and MosFET's, which seems like a winning combo, since MosFET's are what make everyone cream themselves over the Mosvalve (which I haven't given up on, in fact I'm the winning bidder on one, but I'm just keeping my options open!)

Any thoughts?

Haha, I look forward to hearing it man, and hey, that's definitely an adjective I'm quite fond of!

I used one for years in the early 90's on a cover gig.. A couple years ago I bought a brand new one in the box NOS.

Didn't love the sound back in the day and sold the NOS one ( and made a great profit).. I think any small modeling preamp will sound much better than an ada....to get any type of solid lowend out of it required many bands of graphic eq....real tiny sounding , dated preamp IMHO

ok, here's a quick clip

http://www.allcapsrecording.com/media/ada_mp1.wav

my observation is that it's a pretty versatile little beast

IMO this clip is too boomy, to gainy, too sloppy and too slow, but hey I promised a clip and here it is. :Smug:
None of that implies there's anything wrong with the ada that's just me :]

I'll reamp something through it eventually and update if anybody's interested.
24/44.1 wav

Through my shitty 4€ headphones it sounds good!
How is it recorded? How many tracks?

4 tracks
L<L75<>R75>R

les paul>
ts9 (gain 0,tone 1 o'clock,level noon)>
ada mp1 (gain1 -4.5, gain2- 4.5, master -5, bass- 10, mids -8, treble -6, presence -10>FX return 50 watt marshall>
vintage 30>57>soundtracs preamp

middle 2 tracks have less gain and are approximately 2.5 dbs lower

Great sound! Damn. Now you're making me even more sad that I lost my MP-1. :cry: I always loved that thing more than my Triaxis or GP-1000.