Adagio: As good as Symphony X?

Adagio's first cd is a great cd, no doubt. Stephan Forte is my second favorite guitarist...he is a monster player (listen to his offering on The Alchemists!). I think Symphony X is still the better band...they put it all together better. Just my .02. I am definitely looking forward to Adagio's new one.

I love Adagio and Forte's playing. I think its natural to try to compare them to Symphony X since they both share that dark neoclassical sound, though the more I listen to Adagio the more I hear the dissimilarities. I think Adagio is much darker, almost black metalish at times, and I also think Symphony X writes better songs and melodies. Then again, it is only Adagio's first album and I can't wait to see how they will mature with upcoming releases.

I think Adagio is alright, though i did get tired of the music really quickly, even though the guitars are great. Symphony X has a much better replay value imo.

I recently bought the Adagio album at my friend's insistance; he has become a huge Stephan Forte fan and while we were at a record store, the stocking cart had 1 copy so i nabbed it. The only song i've listened to enough to "appreciate" is 'Order of Enlil.' It's a good song, but i've got to give some attention to the rest of the album soon.

If you like Adagio, find the song 'Prophecies of Loki" by Stephan Forte (on a compliation cd)...amazing guitar and keys. Apparently Stephan will be releasing 3 albums in 2003 (new adagio, solo album, and side project w/keyboardist).

Originally posted by Soul of Ice
I think Adagio is alright, though i did get tired of the music really quickly, even though the guitars are great. Symphony X has a much better replay value imo.

This pretty much sums it up for me too..their longer songs got tedious for me after a few spins, whereas I never tire of SymX.

I think you guys know that Adagio is more a project than a band.
The Bass Guy from PC69.who is a producer and I forgot his name :p,he wanted to help Stephan recording the album and selected a "cast" of musicians ready to do it.
I think SyX is too much better,they are a BAND,everyone there writes songs and stuff.
Well,but Adagio's album is great,of course :)

Originally posted by Orlock
I think you guys know that Adagio is more a project than a band.
The Bass Guy from PC69.who is a producer and I forgot his name :p,he wanted to help Stephan recording the album and selected a "cast" of musicians ready to do it.

Dennis Ward is Pink Cream 69's bassist. He didn't pick out the whole band, though! Adagio's singer, David Readman, is also Pink Cream 69's singer. He's one of my favorite vocalists.