Adat sync urgent question, please help!!

acappa

Alex Cappa TMF Studios
Now I´m feeling like a noob but, fuck it, we are here to learn!
The question: How do I have to sync my interface: Saffire 56, with two octopres through adat??
In the mixer options I can choose between sending the sync thru ADAT 1 or ADAT 2...but how can I sent it??
Another option is using BNC Word sync, but I just can´t figure it out how to send word sync to a preamp that only has wordclock in, no thru...with a T BNC cable??
Thanks a lot....I´m about to record a live show for Sybreed and Mnemic and I fucking need channels!!

I don't own any of these but it looks like the octopre's have a WC in but no out and the saffire has a single WC in and out, correct?
It should work to slave the Saffire to ADAT one and then run a BNC from the saffire WC out to the second octopre and set it to sync to external.

I cannot use both word and adat sync at the same time, only one. So I would have to use wordclock out of the saffire with a T cable, one extreme to one octopre in, and the other to the 2nd octopre in...
But I thought I could do it only thru lightpipe...

I cannot use both word and adat sync at the same time, only one. So I would have to use wordclock out of the saffire with a T cable, one extreme to one octopre in, and the other to the 2nd octopre in...
But I thought I could do it only thru lightpipe...
re-read my post.

slave the Saffire to ADAT one
run a BNC from the saffire WC out to the second octopre
set [octopre 2] to sync to external

So word clock is going:

Octopre #1 -----via adat---> Saffire ----via BNC--->Octopre#2

You wouldn't use the WC in on the saffire, just the out which should always be active.

Another option is using BNC Word sync, but I just can´t figure it out how to send word sync to a preamp that only has wordclock in, no thru...with a T BNC cable??

That's why you need BNC "T" adapter which effectively splits the outgoing signal to two cables/sources... Then just connect each of that cable to the preamps, set the Clock source to "Internal" on Saffire Pro 56 and you're done.

090-392_s.jpg

usually if you use an external digital device, the interface has to be slave unless the device has IN and OUT, then it can be either. but ONE has to be internal and the other on ADAT.

I completely fucked up a live recording by running two profire 2626's with both set to ADAT sync.