Add your Master of Illusion reviews here

Just noticed this thread, I thought I'd give some quick review of the album.....sorry if this is a serious bump.

Master of illusion is a great album and I really love every single song. The melody and the tempo are both great. Standout tracks to me are Civilised, The Vigil, and Human Machine. Still, all of them are great and make up the entire album a great record overall. Everything, except the drums which sound like they are being repeated over and over, sounds great.

My rating: 4.5 out of 5!

I could write a much longer review but I'm kinda tired......

i will say, i didn't find this album very uplifting like a lot of reviews seem to say, not saying i didn't like it, but it wasn't very uplifting, a lot of people say it is, but i just didn't get that. i love the album, and what not, but i fail to see it as uplifting, it was much darker than previous albums, from them, or if you compare it to other power metal bands...

i will say, i didn't find this album very uplifting like a lot of reviews seem to say, not saying i didn't like it, but it wasn't very uplifting, a lot of people say it is, but i just didn't get that. i love the album, and what not, but i fail to see it as uplifting, it was much darker than previous albums, from them, or if you compare it to other power metal bands...
Well it's not an amazing album. if it was, I would give it a perfect 5.

and, anyway, other power metal bands have their own musical style/direction, even if they are same genre. Usually if you choose to go at the most average direction, people will think of you as "another power metal band", but this isn't the case here.

TAke the band Symphony X, for example. They are combining progressive and symphonic elements in their music. So the thing that matters here is if you like the direction that the band you listen to is taking. And as you can see from the reviews, a lot of people like Power Quest's direction.

Well it's time I should give my "first-and-formal" review of Power Quests' "Master of Illusion. Now, I may be young into the field so please bare with me, as I have only positive things to add.

Now now, where to start. So far I've only been able to listen thoroughly to "Magic Never Dies" and "Master of Illusion". (Is there a thread for Magic Never Dies btw?)

1. I expected nothing short of EPICNESS out of the album, which I got from the first album. Although the first thing I noticed was a slight change in clarity in the sound from Magic Never Dies. As if it was recorded in another studio or something. But the lyrics are nothing less but awesome. Breathtaking rather.

Some of you may know that I was for a longtime DF (DragonForce) fan, but recent events have made it clear that I would like to broaden my Metal, formally Power Metal knowledge and list. What I found was new with PQ, was the ability to expect something new in EVERY song. Both melodies and lyrics where ALWAYS different. With DF, which is awesome might I add, everything was stereotype and same. It was like, speed, war, love. With PQ, it was like, "now it's this", and suddenly it can be "BOOM"! I loved that transition. But again, both bands are genius to my mind and powerful. Bravo!

2. I personally never liked more than a few songs on any album I listen to and the amount of favorites were the same as the predecessor. I will not name them in respect to other reviewers.

3. As stated, I'm new to Power Quest, but I think the first two albums that I've listened too gave me the "kick start" that I needed. It's a shame I haven't heard (you) them live yet, since I technically live in Norway. (Will they "ever" come here?)

4. Wow, I'm soon running out of things to talk about because it's too awesome to write about and everyone has heard it before. Well, there isn't much else to be said than...

5. Congrats to Power Quest for making a fantastic, melodic, inspiring, piece of art that will live on forever in "real" metallers hearts.

6. "You" are the Master of Illusion!

7. I can't say, I can only give 10/10 and a round of applause. :)

Hehehhe, dude, DF is great because Steve WIlliams formed it. Steve Williams is basically a genius if you look at things that way

MAybe you should also point out in your review things like which songs you liked and all that.....as for a thread of Magic never dies, I don't think so. They prefer reviews on their latest albums. I'm sure that there will be a thread for BLood alliance though

Hehehhe, dude, DF is great because Steve WIlliams formed it. Steve Williams is basically a genius if you look at things that way

MAybe you should also point out in your review things like which songs you liked and all that.....as for a thread of Magic never dies, I don't think so. They prefer reviews on their latest albums. I'm sure that there will be a thread for BLood alliance though

I like all of Power Quests' songs; I think it's amazing what they've made and really deserve more fame!

lol there you go and the way steve imagined dragon heart was not really anything like what dragonforce is
True I think he left because of that. He wanted a different musical direction.....a direction that I really like.
I like all of Power Quests' songs; I think it's amazing what they've made and really deserve more fame!
Yeah but they don't get a serious promotion so they are not as popular as DF for example but of course that doesn't mean anything.