Addictive Drums 2

Plendakor

Oct 30, 2010
XLN-Addictive-Drums-2.jpg

^ more slots :) (I don't know if this image is legit or fake)

XLN Audio have announced that Addictive Drums 2 will ship on May 13th 2014.

The new version will offer new features such as Flexi-slots, Grid Search and Transform Tab;

New sound-shaping and customisation features.
New search tools for finding and transforming beats.
An option to only include the content you need
Co-install alongside Addictive Drums on the same machine
Open and exchange projects between Addictive Drums and Addictive Drums 2
A mystery ADPak

Available in AAX 32 and 64 bit versions, RTAS will no longer be supported.

The upgrade cost for Addictive Drums 2 will be $79.
If you purchased Addictive Drums on or after March 1st 2014, you will get a free upgrade to AD2.
if in January or February of 2014, you will get a 50% discount for the upgrade.

http://www.addictivedrums2.com/

haha, it has almost the same additions as EZ drummer 2...

AD always had this certain sound i could not get happy with,
i have owned it twice and sold it twice it just doesn't work for me.

i was hoping for a new library and complete makeover of the horrible GUI
but at the end it seems to be more of an update than a completely newly designed
VSTi :(

You what is wrong with AD?

Every time you open it, it defaults to the most epic shitty fucking preset ever. Every time I open my thought is instantly "this is the fucking sound you wanted to show me as soon as I open the program?"

To be honest it's the same problem with ez drummer. "That is the sound you think is so great?"

I saw Ola's video and then a few horus later I see that AD2 was announced 2 days ago but without preview. So is it a marketing stunt caused by the EZ generating a good momentum at the moment or is it gonna be be mindblowing somehow too, I can't wait to find out. I like AD in general except for 2 things : the beat browser and the number of slots. If you write semi-complex beats you need to run 2 AD tracks. I don't know if the image above is legit but 7 more slots will resolve a few things for me.

i was hoping for a new library and complete makeover of the horrible GUI
but at the end it seems to be more of an update than a completely newly designed
VSTi :(

I'm really looking forward to this AD 2 update!
Sound and gear is so subjective and I very much prefer Addictive Drums over EZdrummer that I also have long experience with.
To me AD offers much more tweakability, better sounds and I really like the GUI too. It's good we users can have different drum software to choose from to find what we like.
They have some FAQ info here about the AD 2.
Click on the yellow FAQ link. http://addictivedrums2.com/

Stoked on this! Always used AD1 as my stock base sounds, love the cymbals and room sounds, as well as the kit piece expansions. Looking forward to all the new features, especially expanded kits!

You didn't learn your lesson the first time?:lol: I owned it a long time ago. Sold it and bought SD2 and will never look back to AD.

got it since a few hours, but this doesn´t make me smile as ez2 did. there are more possiblities tweaking the sound than in the previous version but you have to tweak a lot to get a good sound… and for me even then it´s not as good as e2 sounds with no tweaking. maybe good for indie, but for rock and metal i prefer ez2.

Just gave the demo a shot. Better for sure, yet still not exactly what I was hoping for overall. I suppose it's worth the upgrade price and I'll do it eventually, but for full price I'd probably go with EZD or SD2.

I ended up picking it up. The extra kit pieces are very useful, and the transformer and beat finding capabilities are pretty useful as well. I'd say its worth it if you already have AD1