Adrian comments on the new album...

Originally posted by Tough As Steel
LucioArgento - and when exactly did the production job get offered to Roy Z? I've never heard that one, and i don't believe it. Personally i don't think Steve Harris would have even entertained such an idea.

He offered - they refused. Obviously. Roy Z could have produced with no writing involvement - it could only get better IMO. There are several producers out there (in the power/progressive world) that could do a better job than the last few Maiden production efforts.

And why would you want Roy Z to produce?? So it will sound like Chemical Wedding?

One can only hope - I wish!!! That is in my top ten metal albums of all time - an epic of all proportions indeed! I never get in my car without CW, Sabbath Bloody Sabbath, Ride The Lightning, and Live After Death :D

You guys are certainly entitled to your opinions, i respect that, i guess i am just a bit surprised thats all.

Why would you be surprised? Where is the rule that Maiden fans are not allowed to be critical, and still feel kinship towards the band? Most Maiden fans are in the 30-40 age range (like me). In fact, I remember quite clearly getting in line to buy Powerslave the day it originally came out! I have never lost the admiration of Maiden when they were at the top of their game. If you think that they are better now than before, then that's great for you. Personally, I truly miss the old Maiden (up to seeing them at Donnington '88) - and personally believe that it won't take much to get them back to near perfection:

1 - Better Production (goes without saying for christs sake - lets be objective here!)
2 - Songwriting contributions from other band members other than Steve and Janick
3 - Janicks head being slowly torn from his torso by Eddie (for real)

:lol: :lol:

"It's all anarchy innit!"

I agree with you on all 3 points man. Especially the Janick bit, hehe.

Mate, i too love Chemical Wedding, it is one of my fave all time albums. I just dont think it sounds anything like Maiden, apart from Brucie wailing on it.

Originally posted by Tough As Steel
I agree with you on all 3 points man. Especially the Janick bit,

Nice one. Thing is, Iron Maiden have such a strong following around the world and it never seems to dwindle - and they can hold their heads high for never having sold out. I myself have been a fan now since 1984 (when I was 14 years old). That's another reason why I never took to Janick Gers - he's like the 'step dad' that nobody wanted! It is typical that some of the 'older' fans who grew up on Smith/Murray hated Gers, and everything he stood for. And to add, he's not a very good musician either.

I think that's why Maiden fans feel so "involved" - you know? It's like, the band are again so close to being at the top of their game - just a few things that are missing the target (which could easily be fixed IMO). I am sure the world of Maiden fans are just waiting for that "icing on the cake" again. Now that the 'originals' are back together, the ingredients are just perfect. They just need a decent cook!

Dumb analogy, but you get what I mean. :)