Advice for vocals recording..

A couple of months later, they got a deal, recorded an album, and the engineer tested all mics he had, from a Neumann U87 to... the 57. Guess which one he used?

And then the album came out, sounded like shit, and the band now makes doorknobs for a living.

Yesterday I used the at2020 and for me this is the mic for her voice , I'll post a clip test in the sub forum rate my tone/mix...

I once recorded a full length album (21 songs) for a punk band and the singer pretty much refused to use anything else than a 57. It was a pain in the ass. if the girl/guy is screaming hard I wouldn't recommend using a 57 without a compressor and a "home made" pop filter taped to the mic. We had to take sooooo many takes just because of all the cracks and pops and clipping... and I had to eq the hell out of the final result to make the sound decent. If you need to use a hand held mic, the 58 is 100 times better & easier for hard vocals IMO. I'll never use a 57 again for punk/hardcore vocals again. It sucked in pretty much every possibe way with this guy. So this is just a warning...