Aerosupply-Honkin' Bubbles

sixxswine

rockandrollazine.blogspot
Whatever the tilte of the record is...
I managed to recover from a case of the flu,
kinda mild I think, cos' it didn't do me in.
Anyway, I went to Wally World(Wal-Mart)
to pick up a copy of the Tx Chainsaw Massacre DVD,
I would have picked up the new Aerosmith disc for shits N' Giggles,
but they didn't stock it. Unbelieveable, a chain well know chain that didn't get their shipment of Aerosupply?! Have they really fallen that down the food chain? I will look for it tomarrow, but is it worth getting?!

JonnyD said:
lol Man I dont think I will ever buy anything by Aerosupply unless it was released in the '70s I havnt heard a good song out of them in 10 or 12 years

Same here. Done With Moirrors was the last album I liked. It's hard to believe just how bad they became in the 90's, I can't tell one song/album from the other. Wrote this band off years ago.

Greeno said:
Same here. Done With Moirrors was the last album I liked. It's hard to believe just how bad they became in the 90's, I can't tell one song/album from the other. Wrote this band off years ago.

lol bwahahahahahha man I know Give me Toys in the Attic anyday! they are the absolute biggest sellouts ever they make Metallica look good!

JonnyD said:
they make Metallica look good!

Without a doubt! They need to get back on the drugs or something because they're just boring now. Rock N Roll for suit and tie guys.

Greeno said:
Without a doubt! They need to get back on the drugs or something because they're just boring now. Rock N Roll for suit and tie guys.
That's an apt title for their music if I ever saw one :D

I love Aerosmith. I know they're not what they once were. My favorite album is ROCKS....great stuff. The new can't compete with the old but is still very "listenable" in my opinion. I saw them do a few of the BOBO songs live on the KISS/AERO tour and they sounded pretty damn good to me. BABY PLEASE DONT GO was a memorable one but only the mighty TED NUGENT can really do this song justice....I will probably pick Bobo up as the cash flow allows but I also want that new CLAPTON cd, "Me and Mr. Johnson" which is Clapton doing ROBERT JOHNSON covers!!! Any guitarists in this forum would surely love to hear that!

tedvanfrehley said:
I also want that new CLAPTON cd, "Me and Mr. Johnson" which is Clapton doing ROBERT JOHNSON covers!!! Any guitarists in this forum would surely love to hear that!

I am 1000% NOT an Eric Clapton fan, I think he is one of the most overrated guitar players ever........ BUT.... I would be interested in hearing this cover album of Robert Johnson song. I'm betting that his versions will sound nothing like the originals. Those old R Johnson songs are some of the creepiest tunes ever..... don't know how else to explain them. You can just feel the sadness coming through in his music.

sixxswine said:
he modernizes the blues classics of the legendary Robert Johnson.

Thanks Swiney, that lets me know that I don't want to hear it.

That's cool that you're a Buddy Guy fan. I saw him a few years back and he was great. Buddy and Susan Tedeschi opened up for Jonny Lang..... who ever came up with that idea was a moron because Lang got his ass handed to him. I walked away from that show a HUGE Susan Tedeschi fan.

The last Aerosmith album that was thouroughly enjoyable the whole way through IMO was Pump...until now. Their new album is great! They did some great jobs on old blues standards. I'm impressed. Not as good as Pump(i love that album), but it's close.

Greeno said:
Thanks Swiney, that lets me know that I don't want to hear it.

That's cool that you're a Buddy Guy fan. I saw him a few years back and he was great. Buddy and Susan Tedeschi opened up for Jonny Lang..... who ever came up with that idea was a moron because Lang got his ass handed to him. I walked away from that show a HUGE Susan Tedeschi fan.
Hey Now! Trust me this Clapton record isn't bad at all.
I know that Buddy had at one time opened for Lang. That just goes to show what kind of a stand up guy he is, no ego, just wants to get out & play.
I have no doubt that liver lipped bastid got his ass handed to him.
This was a kid that people had been raving about years back?
Susan Tedeschi? She's alright, she's married to Derek Trucks, a guy that gets very little credit for his abilities. You should check out the version of Rock N Roll that she did on the Double Trouble disc released a few years back. She tears it up on that one!

sixxswine said:
Hey Now! Trust me this Clapton record isn't bad at all.

You used the word "modernized" , that's what tells me I'd not be into it. If he did the songs in the style of the original recordings then I'd be up for checking it out. Like I said, I'm not a Clapton fan. Did you ever hear John Hammond do some of the old Robert J songs? His versions are fantastic! Very true to the originals.

Greeno said:
You used the word "modernized" , that's what tells me I'd not be into it. If he did the songs in the style of the original recordings then I'd be up for checking it out. Like I said, I'm not a Clapton fan. Did you ever hear John Hammond do some of the old Robert J songs? His versions are fantastic! Very true to the originals.
What records would I find those songs on?
I would highly recommend Buddy Guy's Sweet Tea disc to you,
the guy is still on fire @ age 67!
He's gonna die on stage. Clapton did rework some of the tracks, so I doubt it would be much interest to you.

Clapton can do no wrong. I too used to wonder what all the fuss was about as a lot of his songs are "ok" at best...especially what gets played on the radio. But for me it's all about his TONE...I dunno why but in the past year or two I've begun to really listen to guitar tones more and more and people like SRV, BB King, Clapton, ZZ TOP and so many more are really starting to influence me more than they ever did in the past. (I always liked them but now I really APPRECIATE them if that makes sense.) Clapton has a feel that to me is just smooooooooooooooooooooooth. Hell, the guy influenced Ed! haha

I gotta check out this disc...but I also gotta get me some Robert Johnson on cd! I have an old album of his and a cassette....but it's time to update....

so many cd's and so little time and money..............

sixxswine said:
What records would I find those songs on?
I would highly recommend Buddy Guy's Sweet Tea disc to you,
the guy is still on fire @ age 67!
He's gonna die on stage. Clapton did rework some of the tracks, so I doubt it would be much interest to you.

I'm not sure what album the John Hammond "Johnson covers" are on, or if they were even released as an album. There is a move about Johnson that Hammond's narrated and he was playing the songs throughout it. Can't remember the name of it off hand... may have been "The Search For Robert Johnson".

As for Buddy Guy, I've not heard Sweet Tea but I'm sure I'd like it. One of my all time favorite blues albums is one he did in the early 70's with Junior Wells called "Buddy Guy & Junior Wells Play The Blues". It's that cool electric Chicago style of blues.

tedvanfrehley said:
but I also gotta get me some Robert Johnson on cd! I have an old album of his and a cassette....but it's time to update....

Johnson only recorded 29 songs in his life time (some tracks he did more than one take of). There are a bunch of different RJ discs out there but they or all they same songs in different packaging. Just find one that has all of his recordings in one package. They album I have is a 2 disc set, got it for like 12 bucks new.