AFTER FOREVER-S/T CD

7thSaviour

Power Metal Maniac
Jul 8, 2005
Dixieland USA
Who has this CD so far and what do you think of it? Favorite tracks? I've ordered my copy of it and will hear it soon! Reviews? I thought the band sounded amazing at PPUSA VIII!:worship:rock::kickass:

GREAT CD. My favorite, I think, is the opener "Discord". Amazing at PPUSA, favorite band of the festival tied with Pagan's Mind - they put on a stellar performance and Floor's voice is matched by no other.

Great CD. Might be their best. Most representative of their overall style. Invisible Circles would be my next fave, but more death vox then the new one.

Yeah, this album is awesome. Just got their previous release, Reimagine, in the mail, too, with the new PM 2 disc ltd edition. Still working on PM for now. :D

Back to the topic, my favorite tracks are probably Transitory and Discord, followed closely by Evoke. Dreamflight is a bit of an issue for me. I think I should like it, and it's starting to grow on me, but I think the riffs are too fast... not enough rhythmic content in them. Not that it's a bad track, in the end, it just isn't absolutely awesome like the other ones. :D Lonely has absolutely heart-breaking lyrics and wonderful delivery. But it's missing something... If I compare it to Solitary Ground, for example, I'd take Solitary Ground's sound any day. Solitary Ground has good lyrics, but oh my god, Lonely!!

The other tracks... Energize Me is kinda bleh. Screamed watered down commercial single to me. Fair enough, it'll bring them more fans. Still, better than Epica's most analagous track, Never Enough. Equally Destructive definitely also screams single to me, but it's pretty decent. Withering Time confuses me. I'm gonna have to sit down some day and listen to it carefully. De-Energized is frigging heavy as hell! :headbang: A fun track live! Cry With a Smile is another good track. Excellent lyrics, too. Who I Am is cool in that it has Floor singing in a rougher voice. Again, good, but not great. Envision and Empty Memories... two more tracks I need to listen to more before I can form an opinion.

Overall, it's an awesome release, and I really like the continuity Floor introduced by having interleaving and intertwining lyrical themes across the songs. Words like energy, lonely, power appear in many different songs.

This disc is awesome! I had a really tough time prying it from my CD player for about a whole month, I'd say. Yippee would get in my truck and be like - "ok can we listen to something else today?" hehe

I am now spinning the CD for the first time. I enjoyed the DVD with the video clips. It reminded me of their PPUSA VIII performance. Nice flashback! Rating in progress through the first 3 tracks: 9/10.