After Forever - thoughts and set list requests

BlackRoseMetalHeart

Metal Mistress
Feb 4, 2006
Baltimore, MD - USA
www.myspace.com
I haven't heard/seen too many thoughts on their set from others on the forum, but I thought they were phenomenal! I didn't know as many of the songs they played as I had hoped, but it was still an awesome set. Floor is now ranked as one of the top two front-women I've seen preform live. She was totally engaged with the crowd and the entire band just gave a stellar performance. I also enjoyed the Metallica cover they did when Floor went to take a quick break. After Forever was certainly one of my favorite bands this weekend. :headbang:

Your thoughts?

Also, if anyone got the official set list, would you please post it here. I want to get more familiar with the songs they played that I didn't know as well. Thanks.

I loved After Forever, I was right next to you if you remember. Favorite set of the weekend. I'd like to see a setlist as well. I was familiar with a good deal of the songs but can't remember most of what was played aside from My Pledge of Allegience Part One, Monolith of Doubt (which I went crazy for), Follow In The Cry, and the opener off the new album (I forget the name, but it was the first song of the set as well)

If someone could kindly send the setlist our way it'd be cool :D

I don't have a setlist and probably forgot half/mixed up some of the songs from excitement but here's what my poor memory remembers (out of order):

Estranged
De-Energized
Energize Me
Equally Destructive
Dreamflight
Follow In the Cry
Face Your Demons
Being Everyone
My Pledge of Allegiance Part 1
Lonely

Floor's performances were my favorite of the weekend. She really appeared to be enoying the experience. The most powerful and versatile female voice in metal, IMO. She can do it all.

Follow in the Cry was definitely the last one, cause I was seriously rocking out to that one! I think besides that one, Energize Me and Equally Destructive were the only ones I had really listened to before (not having had the chance to listen to their new album, because I had just picked it up that day). I wish they had done more songs that I know, like Beneath or Glorifying Means or Between Love and Fire, but then again, maybe it's good they played stuff I don't know. I dunno... I think I'm still Floored... can't think straight. :D

Oh Oh Oh Oh OH !!!
I about lost my mind during their set. They were the band I was most looking forward to of the weekend, and they just blew me away! The WHOLE band was up there having the time of their lives and that's exactly what I want to see when I go to a show!
Even the keyboardist was jumping around.
Her range is just unbelievable. The new album is so awesome! SO Awesome!

Even though i have a couple of After Forever CD's i seriously doubted their ability to headline, now before everyone starts ragging on me I was looking forward to seeing them but I thought someone else should have headlined... I was proved gravely wrong. After Forever threw an amazing show and Floor was outstanding, espescially when it came down to covering for technical difficulties. I would say they were the best, but in truth everyone did such an amazing job I cant choose. I was headbanging the entire time, except for the ballad of course because that would have just been awkward...

Found a post on another board with the set they played in Nashville which from my admittedly poor memory I believe is similar with the additions of Lonely, Estranged and For Whom the Bell Tolls.
Nashville setlist:
1.SE~Discord 2.Transitory 3.My Pledge Of Allegiance #1:The Sealed Fate 4.Monolith Of Doubt 5.Energize Me 6.Face Your Demons 7.Digital Deceit 8.De-Energized 9.Being Everyone 10.Equally Destructive 11.Dreamflight 12.Forlorn Hope [Encore]13.Follow In The Cry

The WHOLE band was up there having the time of their lives and that's exactly what I want to see when I go to a show!

Me too!!! She didn't have to "redo" The Final Countdown after the mic problems, but she just went with the flow and said let's do it again!

ASJ100607_032.jpg

I saw AF the next night in a Nashville dive as well with about 15 other people :erk: and got a signed setlist. Three tracks are crossed out but I'll include them in case you get the full show.

Discord
Transitory
Pledge 1
Monolith of Doubt
----------Keys!
Energize Me
Estranged (not played)
Face Your Demons
Digital Deceit
Lonely (not played)
De-Energized
Being Everyone
For Whom the Bell Tolls (not played :cry:)
Equally Destructive
Dreamflight
------------
Forlorn Hope
Follow in the Cry (they only played one of the encores songs though)

Despite the crowdsize, they put on a great show and I was able to talk with all of them. Floor was still inside chatting when I left 30 minutes after the show. I hope the crowd size improves though. Epica had around 40 people a few nights earlier in the same place, but I think some of these people were there mostly for the local openers. Very intimate shows...

AF had only good things to say about ProgPower and they were to happy to be included in such a great festival.

Because of Overkill, there should be a decent crowd. Though I imagine many of those guys will sit back at the bar during the AF set or leave after Overkill depending on how that show is setup.

I don't have a setlist and probably forgot half/mixed up some of the songs from excitement but here's what my poor memory remembers (out of order):

Estranged
De-Energized
Energize Me
Equally Destructive
Dreamflight
Follow In the Cry
Face Your Demons
Being Everyone
My Pledge of Allegiance Part 1
Lonely

They Opened with DISCORD!

-Metal

Because of Overkill, there should be a decent crowd. Though I imagine many of those guys will sit back at the bar during the AF set or leave after Overkill depending on how that show is setup.

Yeah, forgot about Overkill. They are headlining. AF is between The Agonist and Overkill. Maybe that does mean that people will move back to the bar for AF. Crossing my fingers!

Monolith of Doubt was a highlight for me. Everything of the new album sounded just amazing too. Can't wait to see them in Chicago in a week.

Photino, were you with some dude with long hair? I think you were rockin out right next to me and my group of friends during AF.