Ideal Symphorce Set-List?

nightwish58

Feb 11, 2002
New York
Visit site
Just curious as to what most fans would like to hear Andy belt out this year for 45 minutes!!! I wish they had more time, but I'm sure they will conquer their short set. If anyone has seen them recently in Europe, please post their set list although I'm sure it will differ from their PP set. Just want to get an idea as to what they prefer playing.

In no particular order:

HOLY SIN ; UNBROKEN ; RAGE OF VIOLENCE ; 2 SECONDS TO LIVE;
WHATEVER HATE PROVIDES ; CRY ON MY SHOULDER ; TEARS
AND ANYTHING FROM:

So it´s done! All recordings for the new SYMPHORCE album are now done. Within the next days, Dennis Ward will start mixing GODSPEED …. We had a fantastic time at the “House of music studios” again and we can´t wait to let you hear the new shit!
Wanna know some facts? So here we go:
Coverart by Travis Smith (Iced Earth), recorded and mixed by Dennis Ward (Angra) at the House Of Music Studios Winterbach / Germany
The album includes 10 tracks and the limited Edition will feature a bonus DVD of approx. 45min “Live & Backstage“ footage 2004 and the Videoclip for „Cause of Laughter“ as well.
Also here´s now the final tracklisting :

SYMPHORCE “GodSpeed”
- EVERLASTING LIFE
- NOWHERE
- THE MIRRORED ROOM
- BLACK WATER
- HAUNTING
- YOUR COLD EMBRACE
- WOUNDS WILL LAST WITHIN
- CRAWLING WALLS FOR YOU
- WITHOUT A TRACE
- NO SHELTER

kittybeast said:
thanks for taking the time to post that.

Creativity at its Best!!!:loco: I will just steal the dream set I posted on the Symphorce board and post it here ... I love Symphorce and as far as bands go they are THE band I am going to Atlanta to see :headbang: Though I'm sure I will enjoy the all the rest :)

heres the list:
Across the Plains
Drifted
Holy Sin
Untill the Last
Unbroken
Longing Home
Cause of Laughter
Two Seconds to live
In the Cold
Cry on my Shoulder
Forevermore

This is far to long and doesnt include new songs but as long as they play HOLY "FUCKIN" SIN I will be happy :)

My set list...

1. Cause of Laughter
2. Fallen
3. Your Blood, My Soul
4. Slow Down
5. Searching
6. Unbroken
7. Tears

And put some stuff from Godspeed in the middle there too.

booB said:
I wouldn't mind seeing them play some old Ivanhoe stuff, but I doubt they have the rights to it.

Dude, that is the next reunion show I am praying for!!! Ivanhoe were amazing; who knows with Glenn; nothing is ever out of the question when he is involved. With the way Andy went over last year, and the fact that he was brought back this year shows something about Glenn's love of his bands.

Aside from Conception, Ivanhoe are the only other band that I would kill to see live. Andy, are u listening???? Give us one more show at Prog Power USA!!!!

1. Holy sin
2. Until the last
3. Blackened skies
4. Burning star
5. Your blood my soul
6. Unbroken
7. Slowdown

Across the Plains
Until the Last
Searching
Slowdown

And the rest I can just take or leave. I don't find anything Symphorce does to be bad, but they only have a few songs listed above that I find remarkable.

Dude, that is the next reunion show I am praying for!!! Ivanhoe were amazing

Ivanhoe also recently released a new album. I haven't heard it yet, but it's getting mostly good reviews.

Ideally, they would forfeit their time and allow Stride to just jam or allow PC69 to play a few additional songs.

Symphorce, to my ear, is as generic and bland as anything I've ever heard. Every aspect of their music screams "Been there, done that, don't want the t-shirt". That being said, I'll give them a shot at PP. Given Andy's tremendous energy, they very well might be fun live.

Zod

I think they can be great for 45 minutes. Most of their material is average, but the good songs should rock live. Brainstorm, of course, is far superior, especially the new album.

General Zod said:
Ideally, they would forfeit their time and allow Stride to just jam or allow PC69 to play a few additional songs.

Symphorce, to my ear, is as generic and bland as anything I've ever heard. Every aspect of their music screams "Been there, done that, don't want the t-shirt". That being said, I'll give them a shot at PP. Given Andy's tremendous energy, they very well might be fun live.

Zod

The music of PC69 doesn't scream "Been there, done that, didn't want the t-shirt twenty years ago?"

It's called hooks and sing-along choruses. Sure, it's been done, but if you like a good melody it never gets old.

Symphorce on the other hand, tries to be something more than just a la-la-la band and doesn't quite make it except for a few moments of brilliance, usually one or two songs per album. And PC 69 has gotten incredible reviews live, so we know what we are getting for an hour Saturday night. Some good, punchy, sing-a-long, simple, hard rock. A nice way to lighten the mood before Therion. Symphorce will probably also deliver live, so all in all it should be a great night.