After Me, the Flood - NEWEST CJ MIX!!!!

I think it's always going to be touch and go, hit and miss, until you really find your sound, and then that sound takes root in the scene. When it popularizes and becomes the 'norm', people will tend to be a lot more receptive to it. We're in very similar places at the moment... trying to find our own individual voices, away from the cliches and stereotypes of this place. People will hate it, others won't... it just comes with the territory. The important thing is that you keep stretching your boundaries. As long as you've challenged yourself, even if you 'fail' by some objective measure, it's still much more admirable than playing it safe for the rest of your life just for the paycheck.

Props man, keep it up.

Couldn't have said it better myself, Ermin. And I too feel a little special 'bond' with you so to speak, in AE terms. Where we both are kind of going in uncharted directions for the genre's we are working within.

Some hate it, some love it.

As always, you wise words make me feel just a little bit better about what I'm doing. I have no plans of stopping and no plans of 'watering' down ANY of my personal mixes/productions.

Either the way it sounds in my heads translates 85% to 90% in reality, or I keep trying until it does. =D

As my sig says..... Destroy, rather than create what's meaningless. I guess that's my mix philosophy. If I have to compress and distort the FUCK out of WHATEVER to give it life or give it some kind of passion, I will and I'll deal with the consequences of making it work. =D

I <3 you Ermz.

I dont really like the kick, it sounds weird to my ears, like someone spitting if you know what i mean? the rest is killer! Very very VERY squashed though, but killer! I would say, back off a bit because its distorting in some parts! Congrats dude!

thanks guys...

i'll get into more detail on the kick, snare and bass if you want me to. just got fraps! =D

and BTW, if it's not already apparent, I'm basically working out MY sound and what *I* want to be known for, sonically.... so. yes, this is very different from what's in vogue, while still pulling a bit of inspiration from current productions..... idk. hard to explain

Hey, you know we all respect that, we're just providing some unbiased opinions to give you some perspective of how things are received :)

Don't know about you but I always want to hear all the criticism I can get before finishing a mix, even if I'm pretty confident that's roughly the sound I have in my head. Often times the comments will reaffirm your concerns or point out issues that you weren't aware of because your speakers or room masked them. Sometimes people will point something out as a flaw even though it's an intentional thing (be it your idea or the band's concept) and that's perfectly fine because as longs as that's the only thing they are pointing out then the rest should be fine.

In short, don't take my opinion as "dude your mix sucks and you're so overrated" but rather as an attempt to provide you with some objective feedback.

Cheers!

Hey, you know we all respect that, we're just providing some unbiased opinions to give you some perspective of how things are received :)

Don't know about you but I always want to hear all the criticism I can get before finishing a mix, even if I'm pretty confident that's roughly the sound I have in my head. Often times the comments will reaffirm your concerns or point out issues that you weren't aware of because your speakers or room masked them. Sometimes people will point something out as a flaw even though it's an intentional thing (be it your idea or the band's concept) and that's perfectly fine because as longs as that's the only thing they are pointing out then the rest should be fine.

In short, don't take my opinion as "dude your mix sucks and you're so overrated" but rather as an attempt to provide you with some objective feedback.

Cheers!

oh! don't get me wrong dude, i thoroughly appreciate ANY and ALL feedback! You've been around here a while and you know what's up =D

i really did appreciate your comment (as well as everyone else's and have made some notes to myself to possibly look in to when I recall this mix on Thursday). While nothing will be drastic, it is GREAT to know how my mixes are bring received to a WIDE array of environments, tastes and opinions... =D i <3 you all!

ahahaha thanks Lionwing.

@ nwright: DUDE, you're SO right! the vocalist of this band sounds SO MUCH LIKE dude from Heaven Shall Burrn on Iconoclast. I'm not a big fan of that mix and wasn't familiar with it until just now, but once you cited it I would have bet $100 it was a Tue Madsen mix and...... well, it was! ahahahaha.

Oh forgot to reply here.

Killer brutal mix !.. While its not the style I would go for myself I absolute dig how it ended up sounding (and lots of respect for going your own way while some people might not dig it).

Actual I have added it to my reference folder and it inspired me a bit on how the bass and kick "should" sit.

Tldr: Im in your mix stealing your presetz.

Oh forgot to reply here.

Killer brutal mix !.. While its not the style I would go for myself I absolute dig how it ended up sounding (and lots of respect for going your own way while some people might not dig it).

Actual I have added it to my reference folder and it inspired me a bit on how the bass and kick "should" sit.

Tldr: Im in your mix stealing your presetz.

haha, thanks bro! your reamps are uploading as we speak!

i'm actually still twekaing the mix.... everytime i go recall another song i end up wanting more and processing shit differently.... sigh. haha.

I have to say this is a pretty unique mix and I like it. I definitely respect trying to find your own sound, and it seems like you are well on your way. I keep listening to this mix when I should be working!