After The Burial teaser track!

love the band, the previous album is the shit. But i like the guitars on the rareform reissue waaaaaaaay more. :(

i think, dude, you did the exact right thing for this band. separation all the way!

personally i love 120hz rock bass, this bass is super low and on my speakers only low end rumble BUT : i think
thats perfect for this style! i think you did something different and that deserves major props!!

edit : and there is a spot i thought corey tailor did a guest vocal part.

so far I haven't had the chance to give it a listen, but I'm looking forward to it.

passive pups (?), no TS, fresh amp, t75, no sm57 as primary mic = very intrigued!
I am the biggest fan of Sneap's guitartones, but I always love to hear something completely different and fresh sounding as well.
I'm sure this one iskicking ass

so far I haven't had the chance to give it a listen, but I'm looking forward to it.

passive pups (?), no TS, fresh amp, t75, no sm57 as primary mic = very intrigued!
I am the biggest fan of Sneap's guitartones, but I always love to hear something completely different and fresh sounding as well.
I'm sure this one iskicking ass

The pickups are the 8 string Seymour Duncan Blackouts.

Wasn't sure on my first listen as I couldn't get what was going on, maybe due to the stereo wideness mentioned before. After a couple of listens I'm really enjoying It! the guitar tone is so nice!! good work! I will certainly be purchasing this on release!

it sounds good....

but.

it could be more...

'violent' sounding.

it sounds 'caged' if you can dig that cryptic audio analogy.

Sounds killer dude, my friend Rusty Cooley did a guest solo on this disc tracked at my place. Cant wait to give the full disc a spin!

Ah yeah, his solo sounds a bit like an old computergame. Damn he can play fast! ;)

whats the ola/ermz micing technique ? and what extra mic did you add?

if you dont mind me asking :p

It's the mic/cab used in this thread.

It's a Beyer Opus87 drum mic, but has a very smooth character and great high end, for that extra "string" frequencies. :D

Sounds like you've got your own cool sound going on. Not exactly copying the "popular" sound of this forum at the moment, but i'd take unique over that any day of the week.

Great job!

Thanks a lot!

yeah im hearing that to just off a tiny bit

The bass has longer tones, so "the tale" is noticeable, but that's the way I like it, actually. A guitar is tight, focused on/off, and the bass is a roaring monster. Well, you know, my philosophy anyway. ;)

fucking love it, the whole mix is killer i love how wide it is

I agree that the mix is wide!! Did you do anything special or just the usual panning?

I don't think I did anything special ;) At least there's no stereo enhancer/widener on it. I'll check if I've fucked up the 16 guitartracks...

it sounds good....

but.

it could be more...

'violent' sounding.

it sounds 'caged' if you can dig that cryptic audio analogy.

I actually understand what you're saying. I was aiming for control, since this type of music they play could easily turn into chaos. Maybe I overdone it, but time was on the tight side to get it done.

I'll have another couple of days to really do the lsat things, so we'll see what I can fuck up further.

Thank you all for the praise and beating, although the beating wasn't really a beating. ;)

=D good to hear, bro!

i like where it's heading.

my suggestion: get the kick more fucking pounding in your face and try a different 2-buss comp or set yours up to really take advantage of release times so everything kind of 'pumps' (IN A GOOD WAY) with their SICK ASS GROOVES.

=D

=D good to hear, bro!

i like where it's heading.

my suggestion: get the kick more fucking pounding in your face and try a different 2-buss comp or set yours up to really take advantage of release times so everything kind of 'pumps' (IN A GOOD WAY) with their SICK ASS GROOVES.

=D

Thanks for the advice! I'll test it later, unless I have to do some beer drinking again. ;)

I'm a little bit stoked that this album will sound WAY better than Rareform, but I hope it's up to par with Rareform musically.
Listened to Rare for 3 month, loopstyle.

Jocke, imo you did the best job, guitars sound soo much more natural, the whole thing sounds more natural.
(and it's awesome that this is an "european" production;))
Great Job

Thanks for the advice! I'll test it later, unless I have to do some beer drinking again. ;)

=D YES YES YES. I really want this album to rule even HARDER sonically. Blow fools away WHO DONT KNOW WHO THE F AFTER THE BURIAL IS.

haha. wow. i'm strange.