After The Burial teaser track!

Talked to Justin quite a bit after the show yesterday and he couldn't stop raving about how stoked he was about the mix. Also they were super tight live and had a great sound that complemented their playing very will. They are using Axe Fx live btw.

Talked to Justin quite a bit after the show yesterday and he couldn't stop raving about how stoked he was about the mix. Also they were super tight live and had a great sound that complemented their playing very will. They are using Axe Fx live btw.

Ah I knew about the AxeFX, but hell, it's always nice to hear a satisfied customer when he doesn't know you're listening. :)

Yeah, he was for real for sure. I was working at the show and to be honest I didn't know any of the bands besides Maroon and my friends who were opening. So that left me stuck with three bands and about 15 or so people that I never knew in which band they were. For some reason I always mixed up the running order as well and to make things even worse I couldn't remember if that track you posted was by After the Burial or that other band that played (see, already forgot their name - AGAIN!). So after the show we were going out with some of the guys and I just asked a random dude that was with us (turned out to be Justin) if they were the ones who had you mix their record. From that point on he just started talking for the whole time while we were driving in my car. I just threw in some bits like ... "Fortin" ... "reamping" ... here and there to keep it rolling and got back things like ... "HUGE" ... "soooo STOKED" ... "AWESOME" ... :D I only had a chance to listen to your mix on a proper setup today so I couldn't have talked him into something even if I wanted to because I just hadn't heard it yet.

On a sidenote I think their approach of letting a European guy mix their record in order to stand out from the crowd of American bands is quite cool. We'll see what comes of it but at least Justin told me that was the plan.

different sounding mix of course...which pretty much is a LOVE or HATE type of mix.

Love for me dude. really weird stereo imaging, nothing im used to which i think makes it unique. That Natas amp sounds interesting. "Panteraish" i would say.

Yeah, he was for real for sure. I was working at the show and to be honest I didn't know any of the bands besides Maroon and my friends who were opening. So that left me stuck with three bands and about 15 or so people that I never knew in which band they were. For some reason I always mixed up the running order as well and to make things even worse I couldn't remember if that track you posted was by After the Burial or that other band that played (see, already forgot their name - AGAIN!). So after the show we were going out with some of the guys and I just asked a random dude that was with us (turned out to be Justin) if they were the ones who had you mix their record. From that point on he just started talking for the whole time while we were driving in my car. I just threw in some bits like ... "Fortin" ... "reamping" ... here and there to keep it rolling and got back things like ... "HUGE" ... "soooo STOKED" ... "AWESOME" ... :D I only had a chance to listen to your mix on a proper setup today so I couldn't have talked him into something even if I wanted to because I just hadn't heard it yet.

On a sidenote I think their approach of letting a European guy mix their record in order to stand out from the crowd of American bands is quite cool. We'll see what comes of it but at least Justin told me that was the plan.

Haha really nice story! Yeah, been in that situation, done the same. :)

Any infos about drumtracking will be greate!!!!
Drumsamples on Snare and Kick?
Big Room or not?