After the Evergrey concert

Flopfoot

New Metal Member
Apr 11, 2005
Alright that was an awesome gig (-:

TM opened with "Beyond Rememberance" and then "Into the Light", and I gotta say they played these songs really amazingly well. Possibly to the point of being note perfect... the only way these songs could possibly be improved upon is perhaps if played a bit more dramatically - not to say that it's not already dramatic - but I'm thinking like if Shane was to try Angus Young's moves while soloing, now that would be cool.
Then they played "Veil of Midnight", which, sorry, but doesn't seem to work very well live. Was Shane's guitar out of tune or something?
This was followed by a Bruce Dickinson song, don't remember the name, but it was awesome.
Finally TM played a new song (the song with no name / white snake) which was also great. Sounds very TM but still not just a ripoff of eariler work. It's a nice mix of heavy and mellow, where the heavy riffs are really heavy (some of TM's best even) and the mellow bits really mellow, some nice finger picking stuff. Looking forward to hearing this song again!

Eyefear were good as usual and Evergrey, well it was the first time I'd seen or heard 'em, but they totally rocked. I have never headbanged so much at once concert. It was kinda disturbing that I could not figure out if their drummer was a guy or a girl (turns out he is a guy). The keyboard / guitar duel at the end was almost as good as war of razors (-: They kept playing encore after encore - heck, as it took 'em 11 years to get here, I guess they figured they may as well stay for a few minutes longer!

Ah one other thing that was pretty awesome. The music on the speakers between bands. Anyone know who it was? Reminded me of Judas Priest, except seemed a little heavier (especially the singing). The guitar solos and the riffs in general were brilliant.

Sounds awesome man, spewing i didnt go now. I agree about Veil of Midnight, i like it b ut they got better live songs. Ive only heard the new song once, and i thought it was cool too. And a bruce dickinson cover, ffs!!!!!!

What an awesome weekend! Many stories and shenanigans aplenty! Eyefear are the best bunch of guys you could meet and a great band. Evergrey were great too.
I expected more people to know The Book of Thel though. It seemed to go down a bit better in Melbourne.
I would like to shout out to the friends we made along the way:
Napperson McBanjo (RIP)
Cobber McFriendly
Governor McFuckya
Digger McCobberson
Snoozles McSleepsalot
Snappy McSnapperson
Dr Zoias Dr Zoias

Our ability to infiltrate a strict full on South American only nightclub and make friends with strange Colombian people was a classic too!

Well I am South American after all! :p

And then with the guy that wanted us to come back next week! Haha!!

The only downside of the whole trip was those douchebags near our hostel.

:lol: It was definitely your Latino heritage that saved us i think!
What was Daves alter ego again? Bloodnut Mc??????something?

No comment! Look forward to those pics. Actually there's a few i'm not looking forward to!
By the way welcome to the forum Flopfoot. I'm pretty sure this is Anthony isn't it?

What an awesome weekend! Many stories and shenanigans aplenty! Eyefear are the best bunch of guys you could meet and a great band. Evergrey were great too.
I expected more people to know The Book of Thel though. It seemed to go down a bit better in Melbourne.
I would like to shout out to the friends we made along the way:

Dr Zoias Dr Zoias

Yes a big night indeed with many stories of which some that hopefully will not be discussed on this forum.

:lol: Also beware Cryptor as i know you have photos but don't make me use my moderator powers.
:lol:

Good times...good times.

dr-zoidburg-24173.jpg

Aslo a big thank you to EYEFEAR and EVERGREY for being friendly and easy to work with. A thanks to all who came along and supported the gigs and of course supporting TM! You people rule and hopefully the Power/Prog scene here can keep growing and we can see more touring bands happen in the future.
Lastly and not least a HUGE thanks to Nik and all at Just Say Rock for everything they did for TM and generally just for being great guys who do this from the heart.I wish them all the best sucess and hope we can all help support these people who are doing a good thing for Metal here and are basically fans at heart as well.See ya all at SODOM!:kickass:

No comment! Look forward to those pics. Actually there's a few i'm not looking forward to!
By the way welcome to the forum Flopfoot. I'm pretty sure this is Anthony isn't it?
Close - this is Tony. I was the random who came along to the pub before the Angra gig back in '05.

Haha!
Tony, you are who i was talking about! Just called you Anthony for some reason. Good to have you here mate.

More pics McFriendly!

Well considering this is the "After the Evergrey concert" thread, I'll post a few here of the after show shenanigans (most of Dave's excluded by request...haha!) later on tonight.

I'll post a couple in the other thread in a sec of before show (I think there's only a couple of those anyways).

And then there was the walk home:

When Dave couldn't find somewhere to drink:
0021.jpg

This guy was sleeping next to an ATM around 6am:
0022.jpg

At this stage in the morning, we all would have looked better with the bin on:
0025.jpg

And finally, enjoying the Melbourne sunrise:
0026.jpg