Against Decay - Exit (DI & Raw Tracks Included)

I like the overall mix but really like tightness of guitars man, in the other hand maybe you can reduce vocal and snare reverb a little bit.

Thanks man! Nothing too crazy about the guitars. They were properly recorded and I did minimal processing to them. I'll do that :)

Hi, mates!
Finally, have finished mixing the song. Fearlord, thanks for sharing the track!
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKFafcozTWQ&hd=1[/ame]
Some issues were faced due to the vox were pre-tuned. Also, I've pitched down the bass parts on the choruses and the intro to make it sound more meaty. Hope these all are suitable.
Feel free to critique the mix. :kickass:

Hi, mates!
Finally, have finished mixing the song. Fearlord, thanks for sharing the track!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKFafcozTWQ&hd=1
Some issues were faced due to the vox were pre-tuned. Also, I've pitched down the bass parts on the choruses and the intro to make it sound more meaty. Hope these all are suitable.
Feel free to critique the mix. :kickass:

Hey Nikolas, man this is awsome. You gave me a lot ideas really :) love vocal delays. Yep unfortunately vocals are tuned. I lost my original pre-tuned files. the final result: I love it man. :kickass:

MetalMiller, hi Ben!
Cool mix, liked the rhythm guitars tone and the vox (it sounds more natural than in mine). I'd add some brightness to the mix in general and, probably, add some guitars volume automation for the different parts of the song (e.g., lowering the leads during the vocal parts).
Share your thoughts on my mix as well. :kickass:

MetalMiller, hi Ben!
Cool mix, liked the rhythm guitars tone and the vox (it sounds more natural than in mine). I'd add some brightness to the mix in general and, probably, add some guitars volume automation for the different parts of the song (e.g., lowering the leads during the vocal parts).
Share your thoughts on my mix as well. :kickass:

Thanks dude, much appreciate!
It was mixed straight forward without automation. I used the DI´s with Recabinet4 for guitars, best sim for the moment imho. Have to do a updated version with automation and stuff. I used the new Arch Enemy album as reference.

I really dig all your mixes, especially the core stuff. Love your guitar tone on this track, sits nice and tight on the lower department... they´re a tad to low in the mix for my taste. I´m curious of what samples you use for drums on your mixes? Thanks!

MetalMiller I like your mix dude. Can I suggest one thing? Those extra texture guitars, like in the intro of the song, take them down like 1dB, 1.5db.
I think they'll blend better then imo.

Here is my take. Thanks for sharing this great song, really like it.
I took the opportunity to test new stuff I'm working on.
Comments are welcome.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks dude, much appreciate!
It was mixed straight forward without automation. I used the DI´s with Recabinet4 for guitars, best sim for the moment imho. Have to do a updated version with automation and stuff. I used the new Arch Enemy album as reference.

I really dig all your mixes, especially the core stuff. Love your guitar tone on this track, sits nice and tight on the lower department... they´re a tad to low in the mix for my taste. I´m curious of what samples you use for drums on your mixes? Thanks!

Thanx, man!
As for this mix, I've used MetalFoundry set as a base (mainly for cymbals) and augmented it with TheMetalFactory samples (you can detect them by the toms sound).
For the guitars, if I decide to use an ampsim (I'm using KPA or real amps commonly) I'd probably prefer the Ignite Amps Emissary for now.
Your new mix sounds more balanced.
good.gif

really nice song thanks for sharing!

no idea what is up with those vocals though...you said you don't have the originals and these are tuned? They don't sound in tune at all to me, which is a shame because the voice and energy of the performance is miles better than the accuracy of the pitch :/

really nice song thanks for sharing!

no idea what is up with those vocals though...you said you don't have the originals and these are tuned? They don't sound in tune at all to me, which is a shame because the voice and energy of the performance is miles better than the accuracy of the pitch :/

Hey man you are welcome,

Yes some of words tuned but I didn't tune every single word. :)