Agalloch "Ashes Against the Grain"

Erik

New Metal Member
Oct 10, 2001
southernmost voyage
Portland, Oregon's AGALLOCH have entered the studio to begin pre-production work for their third full-length album, entitled "Ashes Against the Grain". The recording process will begin December 10 and the band hopes to have the album finished by mid-January. As usual the band will be working with Ronn Chick, who has engineered and produced both of their previous albums.

Commenting on the new material, guitarist/vocalist John Haughm said, "It is huge, bleak, and more rock-based than previous albums. I am confident this will be our darkest and most sonically intense record yet."

them said:
more rock-based than previous albums
cool.

the Grey EP proved to me this band has a lot of love left to give, and i am very muchly thusly looking forward to this.

Heh heh... I couldn't wait to see JayKeeley and Eriks' faces if this DID sound like "Kid A." :lol:

Wait, I don't see their faces anyway.

i think he meant that this will be their metaphorical kid a in that it will be the album where a good band turns shit

not sure though :)

DE said:
i think he meant that this will be their metaphorical kid a in that it will be the album where a good band turns shit

not sure though :)

I know what he meant, but thanks for pointing it out. :)

also

kid a > ok computer > amnesiac > *

so the kid a analogy doesn't make sense but 'tever ^_^;;

where is Russell when i need him. we'll hold hands and dance around the great Kid A flame, and then go out for frosty chocolate milkshakes!!! *maniacal laughter*

edit: DE, would you like to dance? *nervous twitch*

Dick Sirloin said:
I know what he meant, but thanks for pointing it out. :)

i was pointing it out to erik since he was talking about what kid a sounded like rather than the impact it had on radiohead's career

You liked it? I thought it was a bit...pretentious?

Good news though, except for the rock based part. NEED MORE BLACK METAL.