Agalloch in NYC

we can always move to another bar next door ... heck ... we can just go to Kenny's Castaways across from the venue. Cheap place and good grub as well.

Btw ... just got this email. Pretty awesome stuff about the NPR streaming :kickass:

>>>

We are looking forward to tomorrow night's sold out Agalloch show and are happy you will be there.

The times are as follows:
7pm doors
8pm Ariel Ruin
9pm Daniel Menche
10pm Worm Ouroboros
11pm Agalloch

As you can see we added the brilliant Portland-based guitar/noise artist Daniel Menche to the bill. You can hear some of his music here.

And you can download songs from the other artists here.

We are happy to report that WNYC will be recording the show for streaming on their site. I'll let you know when it's up so you can re-live the show, and celebrate the first black metal concert to be officially backed by NPR.

Thanks for your support,

alright, i'll try to make it in time but i'm not sure how steep travel times are from newark during rush hour. gotta work until about 5. we'll see :)

It seems Blackened Music Series does send out such emails. I went to see Godspeed You! Black Emperor on friday and received a similar email with the lineup and set times.

Great show! They sold me those fuckers ...
After a train wreck of a 15 minute intro + first song that sounded like a rookie band with a shit mix everything fell into place and crushed for 1.5 hours.
I was expecting a lame dreamy kind of vibe at this show but got a crushing and loud old school kind of NYC sweaty club vibe instead. Of course it helped that it was sold out.
Falling Snow and Ghosts alone .... was worth the entire gig.

Not like I knew most of the songs by heart and had to ask Max and our new friend AnTz0r what they were playing most of the time (hope they post a setlist for me today) but they sure picked the more uptempo songs and the crowd was eating it up especially around the front of the stage.

The band looked totally stoked and not the way I usually see them on the random youtube videos around the web. Don especially was going nuts and vibing off the crowd.

Overall very surprised.

Curious to hear what my partners in crime have to say considering they are long time hardcore fans.

well ... someone already uploaded a semi pro video

Last edited by a moderator:
Setlist:
Into the Painted Grey
Falling Snow
The Watcher's Monolith
Of Stone, Wind, and Pillor
...Limbs
Ghosts of the Midwinter Fires
Our Fortress is Burning... II: Bloodbirds
Encore:
Dead Winter Days
In the Shadow of Our Pale Companion

Agalloch had great energy and sound last night. I haven't been to a metal gig since early September and kinda forgot how loud it is. Agalloch didn't seem like a "make your ears bleed" type of band which is why I was so surprised by their performance. I barely made the last train of the night otherwise I wouldn't have gotten home till 6am like Max haha

sounds like the sound was way better on the front of the stage. IMO for us at the back it didn't get good until ghost of the midwinter fires, near the end of the set. was a good show though! nice to have met you guys!

it was great meeting you guys as well! :kickass:

I saw you after the gig Antz0r as I was driving away ... walking around with that chick you picked up ... :loco: .... very nice!

but yeah that video I posted above looks like it was the first track they played which sounded like a complete mess in the back, not so much so in the video.