Agalloch!

xNecrophagistx

New Metal Member
Dec 23, 2004
anyone else, besides me really craving to hear some new Agalloch? i mean shit, i listen to them all the time, love all there stuff. and now everytime i listen to them, it makes me wanna hear some new stuff. plus they dont even update there fans on new information, if they are recording or just kickin back doing shit, writing....these guys got a forum maybe?

xNecrophagistx said:
anyone else, besides me really craving to hear some new Agalloch? i mean shit, i listen to them all the time, love all there stuff. and now everytime i listen to them, it makes me wanna hear some new stuff. plus they dont even update there fans on new information, if they are recording or just kickin back doing shit, writing....these guys got a forum maybe?

Check out The End Records forums, the members of Agalloch post there on a semi-frequent basis.

They just realeased a 10' with Nest that has one new song. Unfortunately, I don't have a record player. I might buy it anyway, and maybe I can find someone with a player.

Hope that helps! :wave:

Cephalanthera said:
i dont know if you've ever heard them but if not, check out Isis, theyre a lot like Agalloch. i recommend the album Panopticon. its chillin.

ISIS like Agalloch? I guess they have their similarities...........ISIS are more urban where as Agalloch are more forest........hmm.......What the fuck am I talking about, anyway ISIS new album is fucking genius.
I would also love to hear more from Agalloch becuz they is very interesting band

Agalloch and Isis have little in common. Both are totally orgasmic however.

The difference between Isis and Agalloch is Isis suck and Agalloch rock.

I'm looking forward to a new release too, however I don't expect it to come anytime soon.

Damnationx said:
Check out The End Records forums, the members of Agalloch post there on a semi-frequent basis.

They just realeased a 10' with Nest that has one new song. Unfortunately, I don't have a record player. I might buy it anyway, and maybe I can find someone with a player.

Hope that helps! :wave:
Yeah its a real nice acoustic version of the ending of Hallways of Enchanted Ebony with some mandolin added and more organic sounding guitars...

The only common point between ISIS and Agalloch for me is that they both have this flowing, meditative mantra-like feel.

In winter, it just doesn't get much better than listening to Agalloch.

It's Saturday afternoon. The sun is veiled by a thick strip of clouds, a chill wind is blowing, dry branches creak and moan while the remaining leaves are upturned and flutter in the sighing breeze - you feel the urge to hop in your vehicle and drive.

You drive through winding country roads that are bordered with withered trees - the somber tunes of Agalloch pulsing gently through your speakers.

In my opinion, that is the ideal Saturday during winter - Agalloch evokes serene images of this season, and that's what makes these guys so unique.

I hear they're writing new material for their next full release, but it will be awhile before they even complete it. I'm certainly looking forward to it.