Agalloch. . .

"In The Shadow of our Pale Companion" is simply put, one of the most amazing and truthful songs I've ever heard

Couldn't agree more. Stunning song. I am still getting into Agalloch but I just can't stop listening to this song. :headbang: :headbang:

unknown said:
"In The Shadow of our Pale Companion" is simply put, one of the most amazing and truthful songs I've ever heard

there is a reason why people have the famous line in the sig

yeah, you can't listen to the song and not feel like that line hits you in the chest. While we're on the topic, what does it mean to everyone? I've always taken it as spirituality is to be found in nature, that what is really divine is the perfection of nature, and so that while the christian idea of god is certainly dead to me the "grand panorama", that is nature, holds the true idea of god and thus he is not dead.

the other lines that always get me are the lines just following those, his sort of pagan offering of blood that washes away his spirit....just like every hope and dream he ever had. It almost brings me to tears sometimes, just the most powerfully emotional music ever.

When the hell are they gonna unleash more of that goodness on us? At least put up a forum so we can have a proper place to grieve. Damn I absolutely adore Odal. That is fuckin atmosphere and the production wasn't even as good as it could have been too!!

DreamingofUr said:
When the hell are they gonna unleash more of that goodness on us? At least put up a forum so we can have a proper place to grieve. Damn I absolutely adore Odal. That is fuckin atmosphere and the production wasn't even as good as it could have been too!!
There already is one here...The End forum.