Impressions about Agalloch - The Mantle

I'm trying to do you a service, man. You act like a cornball who doesn't know it. Do you intend to continue acting like an idiot?

It's true, though, you're pretty damn stupid. :)

You're acting like a cheese puff and you think I'm the dumb little child? Read your posts. go back to special ed. I tire of those antics.

Originally posted by Morningrise
Thanks Thorns :D
I also prefer Pale Folklore, but like Pale Folklore, The Mantle will probably take about a year for me to fully grasp, and I will like it more.
Death to Agalloch blasphemers. Agallochs beauty surpasses Opeths, in my opinion.

:eek: you must burn. I am not into Agalloch really so much... i have listened to PF like 6 times all the way through and certain songs more (like The Misshapen Steed and Hallways...) but the disc did not blow me away... even listened to it at night alone. And i do know prety much the whole CD by heart when i hear it now, i know how it all goes and it still is only pretty good. Nothing is as good as Opeth though muahahaha especally in the Beauty department... i even heard other blasphemers say that about Novembre too... how foolish. You might get bored of Opeth's music over time or something... but imaging you are hearing Morningrise for the first time again alone... Agalloch nor Novembre even come close to being half that good.

First of all Smekermann you DO have all fucking night, i know you and you have no life like a lot of people on UM, and second of all what exactly is your argument? are you just saying that everyone must like The Mantle better than PF? i haven't heard it yet but i don't see why that has to be true. I think (actually i know) you are just picking on Faineant because he is actually the only one who doesn't know what a homowheelbarrel you are which is a class 3 lever. Wait i have stopped making sense. I guess what i mean is that you are a shit eating cock master who is just trying to get attention by flaming even if you don't even 100% have a purpose in doing so, or a completely legitimate opinion of your own. So continue being this class 3 lever which contains the load in between the fulcrum and the force to increase torque on the lift. You wheel barrel you. DEFEATORY *swish*

I used to prefer The Mantle over Pale Folklore. But now it's getting tedious for reasons I sketch in another post. I would have loved to actually discuss and explore why, but, unfortunately, dipshits like S beleive bald assertions and cheesball humor count for respectable conversation. A damn shame.

The Mantle is the best release I've heard this year thus far. To tell you all the truth, I don't think Symphony X or Opeth will be able to top it. Absolutely enthralled with it.

Originally posted by Skull_Punk
The Mantle is the best release I've heard this year thus far. To tell you all the truth, I don't think Symphony X or Opeth will be able to top it. Absolutely enthralled with it.

If not for some other great 2002 releases, primarily POS' Remedy Lane, I would second that statement without hesitation. Anyway, The Mantle is a brilliantly evocative album. Here their incorporation of acoustics with metallic and progressive elements is second only to Opeth...

Originally posted by Smekermann
omg i'm such an asshole picking on poor guys like fainéant =(((((

I'm not even gonna bother flaming either of you. Bumblefoot, you already are a fucking moron, and everybody knows that. I'm not gonna bother stating the obvious. And anybody with the nick "opethblack" isn't fucking worthy of me even taking a shit on.

Fucking Opeth fanboys. Opeth, Radiohead and Tool fanboys should be fucking gathered together and gassed, Nazi execution style.

you're not an asshole, smek. you're just another lowly cornball whose opinions don't matter.

Originally posted by Smekermann
omg i'm such an asshole picking on poor guys like fainéant =(((((

I'm not even gonna bother flaming either of you. Bumblefoot, you already are a fucking moron, and everybody knows that. I'm not gonna bother stating the obvious. And anybody with the nick "opethblack" isn't fucking worthy of me even taking a shit on.

Fucking Opeth fanboys. Opeth, Radiohead and Tool fanboys should be fucking gathered together and gassed, Nazi execution style.

Just because I have opeth in my screen name means I'm a fan boy, yet they aren't even my favorite band. Right :rolleyes: ...

I just bought the mantle- my first agalloch purchase too... i was impressed, and i don't see how it could sound like an opeth clone, but anyways.. I liked it, and the vocals are neat, lyrics good and all.. especially enjoyed the use of a timpani and contrabass- creative without messing up the music :) the one little thing i didn't like about it was it just seemed like a lot of the music sounds the same (melody-wise) THOUGH I often think that when I've only heard a CD once or twice... then after a while I'll realize the songs are completely different, or maybe they aren't.... Even if they are all really similar I like them so it doesn't matter :)

Heh I posted without reading through the flame wars on this thread, oh well, not like I have an opinion anyway seeing as i only have one album

arguing.jpg

Well, somebody had to do it.