Agalloch - 2 questions

Verago

Jun 5, 2002
Visit site
1. It seems that Agalloch´s "The Mantle" hasn´t been released in Germany yet....?!
I can´t find it anywhere and amazon.de doesn´t offer it.

Any other Germans who have the same problem? (or did anyone found it in a german record shop...?)

2. How do I pronounce "Agalloch"? :confused:
Is there any meaning behind this strange word?

yeah the end has it and cheap shipping to europe. as for how you pronounce agalloch, I just pronounce it... ag-al-loch. :lol: and agalloch is a type of wood as the dictionary suggests :/

A soft, resinous wood (Aquilaria Agallocha) of highly aromatic smell, burnt by the orientals as a perfume. It is called also agalwood and aloes wood.

they should have named the band "Aquilaria Agallocha", that would have been wild :lol:

ok, dimensiolidol, i could care less if you don't like agalloch. but, i'm sick of people who say that a band sucks and doesn't give any reasons. i could just as easily say "opeth is boring" (but i wouldn't dare:D) but without anything to back it up how would you even begin to understand my viewpont?

okay,
so i write to you why i don't like them...:)

first:they do not have atmosphere and mood,opeth have a lot of this.

second:they are average musician playing average riffs and compositions.opeth no words.

third:every american group playing black or doom moody thing give me problems of attitude toward this music.my dying bride for example are masters of this!

fourth:they are boring after 2 minutes i yawn and go to bed so...

good night and waiting for the coming of NOTHING(by UMEA's crazy people)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think AGALLOCH are an absolutely incredible band!

Favourite songs?

...And the Great Cold Death of the Earth (mantle)
In the Shadow of our Pale Companion (mantle)
A Desolation Song (mantle)
She Painted Fire Across the skyline (folklore)
Hallways of Enchanted Ebony (folklore)
Dead Winter Days (folklore)

But man, the rest are quite brilliant as well....love their acoustic pieces as well. No Opeth, but still spectacular I say!

Originally posted by dimensionidol
okay,
so i write to you why i don't like them...:)

first:they do not have atmosphere and mood,opeth have a lot of this.

Say what? Sorry, but I must invoke my right to disagree here and say that Agalloch's music is just dripping with atmosphere and mood, especially The Mantle.

Originally posted by IcemanJ256
yeah, agalloch sucks, because theyre from america. i mean no good bands can be from america! ever!
</sarcasm>
:rolleyes:

i do not say that they suck because they are american..

but that they are not able to play that kind of music 'cause they have obviously american attitude toward it!

i really like american groups:death,nevermore,morbid angel,etc.

:)

Originally posted by dimensionidol
i do not say that they suck because they are american..

but that they are not able to play that kind of music 'cause they have obviously american attitude toward it!

i really like american groups:death,nevermore,morbid angel,etc.

:)

Here you go, moron of the year award.

Please, next time, get some of your facts straight.

i've got a question for you dimensionidol, how can you despise agollach for simplistic arrangements and compostitions yet love katatonia? i'm not trying to be a jerk, i'm just poking your brain a bit.

Originally posted by bleedingskeptic
i've got a question for you dimensionidol, how can you despise agollach for simplistic arrangements and compostitions yet love katatonia? i'm not trying to be a jerk, i'm just poking your brain a bit.

i do not say i LOVE katatonia i only say that i like them!

agalloch are more various than katatonia.

but this not mean that they have better arrangements.

also a simple song can have good arrangements!

and sometimes agalloch have too much riffs and no arrangements at all .

katatonia are more direct and have a huge atmosphere . agalloch lost this atmosphere in pointless long songs.

and is only my opinion not the law!damn!

:OMG: