Agalloch!

I think that Agalloch are great. One of my favourite bands. The only bands I can think of that remotely reminds me of them are of the Wand and the moon and Woods of Ypres.

Agalloch said:
Protected Witness, you sir, are a completely clueless douchebag.
Surprise! You can't have your own opinion!!! BURN THE WITCH11111!!!31!!1!3!:yell:

Maybe they aren't my cup of tea, maybe I haven't gave the album enough listens, or maybe you are overreacting, a constant habit of many internet message board users...

You be the judge.

Agalloch said:
Protected Witness, you sir, are a completely clueless douchebag.
Alright, so I went back listened to "The Mantle" today.

I got into this the first time I listened to it enough to buy it, but every time I listen to it now, it's just like blah. Way too repetitive. Two chord progressions for 15 minutes every song is a little much, and the singer is not that great. I'm not a tech-head either, I enjoy alot of simpler stuff...I don't know, I just can't seem to get in the mood for this album or something...and it is definetly mood/atmosphere music.

I can't seem to convince anybody I've chatted about with this album about the Opeth influence that I'm seeing, but whatever...I don't like this album anymore.

You really shouldn't let that bother you all that much. I mean, sure, your username is Agalloch, but do you generally fly off the handle at everyone who doesn't like what you like? It's not like I said, "Fuck this band and fuck you for liking them." :ill:

You should listen more moonlapse, they are a very good band, enjoying can be acquired taste.

I don't know where these Opeth comparisions are coming from, to me Agalloch seems like it has a lot of Ulver (especially Bergtatt) and Emperor influences.

I agree that if the mood of "The Mantle" doens't hit you, there's really no point in listening to it. Because that's what that album is all about, and without it, it's really quite boring.

But if it does hit you, you'll never regret the hours you've spent listening to it. It's really quite breath taking.

I really love Agalloch. beautiful atmospheric music..
I bought The Mantle...but is still looking for a place to get Pale Folklore i Denmark :)
Hmm..maybe I should just get it from Amazon.co.uk

Nest is a cool folk band, except on the 10' I mixed up the Nest track with the Agalloch track 'cause the Agalloch one is instrumental and the Nest one has Haughm and (forget the name -- guy from Agalloch) on vocals and guitar.