Agalloch's New Song - has anyone got it?

Braighs said:
wth., Agalloch has always used mayjer chords. Apparently its caked in so much gi1m atmosphere to be apparent. And yes the atmosphere is about the only reason I listen to this band. Too bad much of it is gone now. :(
I know what you mean, but I think the rest of the album is more "atmospheric". You have to remember, that Agalloch/The End chose Falling Snow, because of a reason. The song is very cathcy, but in a good way I think. So it will probably reach out to more people, and increase their fan base. I definitly think that there are other songs on the album, that diehard Agalloch fans will appreciate :)

Detric said:
I know what you mean, but I think the rest of the album is more "atmospheric". You have to remember, that Agalloch/The End chose Falling Snow, because of a reason. The song is very cathcy, but in a good way I think. So it will probably reach out to more people, and increase their fan base. I definitly think that there are other songs on the album, that diehard Agalloch fans will appreciate :)

ah... *Grand Conjuration flashback*
...true

Hey, I dont mean to disrespect anyone's opinions or anything, I have never listened to Agalloch before...

I must say though, this song basically sucks balls in my opinion. I'm not gonna say anything about the band because I'm sure they have other material thats prolly way better than this. However, major chords don't make this song crap, and agree that judgeing music on whether or not it has a major or minor sound is stupid. But c'mon guys, nothing happens in this song. I liked it until about a minute into it... then I literally had to fast forward to see if they were actually gonna play the same boring shit over and over again. The clean vocals were killer... but the death vocals are shyte...

To say that this song matches up to even the worst of GR is a joke. Even GC, although it was essentially one riff broken into a heavy soft thing with an acoustic layer and solo section had much more interesting layering, atmosphere and way more ups and downs than this song...

I would give the song I just heard barely a 5/10...

LOL its not death metal vocals ... not even black... grey metal?

this won't be an instant purchase I am sad to say.
edit - The clean vox toward the end did get me excited...

Braighs said:
LOL its not death metal vocals ... not even black... grey metal?
QUOTE]

"grey metal," good way of describing it. for my part, i liked the song. and yes it does sound different from any other stuff i've heard from them.

blimey said:
the vocals are really, really improved from the last 2 (especially the first)

If you pay attention to that you mustn't have enjoyed the first two like they deserved.

This album is a miracle. Couldn't top The Mantle and they knew it so they evolved, for the best.

I like the new album, a little different from the past two but still good. The vocals in Bloodbirds are pretty awesome.

I really hope they do a decent tour for it... and the vinyl release doesn't come out too far long after the CD... I already have the last two albums on Vinyl... I actually have 3 vinyl copies of Pale Folklore:loco:

For anyone wanting to check out The Mantle... http://myspace.com/themantler *cough* Has wrong song titles... You might be able to guess the other albums...

Personally i think Falling Snow is a great song, easily better than Ghost Reveries - but that's just because this appeals to me more.

I get the feeling the case could be that, like with The Grand Conjuration, that Agalloch have allowed the weakest song to be heard.