Agile 8 string guitars yay/nay?

Element77

Sep 12, 2006
Hi all.

I was wondering if anyone has the Intrepid Pro in a Oceanburst finish? I really,really like the way it looks... But on closer inspection, a lot of the pictures I've seen, it seems as if the burst paint spray was blocked by the neck while it was being done, or that's usually how it is, but it's normally hidden by the neck pick-up. Not a flame-bait, but I feel for the price, that paint work would not be acceptable.

I'm a lefty, so it's slim-pickens for me, ecspecially in the extended range department. And I would just like some opinions, that's all.

I had an Intrepid Pro for a while. Actually was a really nice guitar, great build and finish quality, hardware was great and played awesome. Mine was natural finish though. That said, I am more of a 6-string guy and I eventually did not play the Agile that much and sold it.

Also, I have no idea why that guy posted a COW 7 in response to your question...

Intrepids are a lot of guitar for the money, imo. Also, they're the only production 8 strings out there available w/ 28.6" and 30" scales. If you're in the market for an 8, then an Agile is hard to beat.

I had an Intrepid Pro for a while. Actually was a really nice guitar, great build and finish quality, hardware was great and played awesome. Mine was natural finish though. That said, I am more of a 6-string guy and I eventually did not play the Agile that much and sold it.

Also, I have no idea why that guy posted a COW 7 in response to your question...

Misread his post... derpin' hard.

That was supposed to be an example of how the burst should look btw. I didn't realize how big and annoying that pic was.

Hahaha, it's cool man :)

On the Intrepid Pro models though they are neck-thru, I think all of those models the neck portion of the body in the middle is left natural. I'm not super certain though, mine was all natural finish so...

I have one Interpid Pro 8 strings.
it's not the best guitar I ever played.
especially the neck profit, it's kinda flat and weird to me..

BUT.
it's cheap and sound surprisingly good, if you want a 8 strings and don't want to break your bank balance.
I think Agile is pretty good.
at least better than the LTD or schecter I've tried.

still the playability, on production model 8 strings, Ibanez RG2228 win hands down.