Agree or not? Ignore YouTubers when it come to producing...

thefyn

Jun 3, 2006
Ignore youtubers when it comes to recording metal BASS guitar? (Note I love most of thier guitar moving tips, although I am sick of v30's and SM57's haha)

Practically all youtuber metal BASS guitar producers/tutorials like Fluff, Ola, Glenn Fricker etc etc all use a certain technique explained in this video:

I explain an alternative method and how you probably already own gear perfect for recording bass. Plus you can work on your own signature sound.

Agree or not? I think the youtuber sound adds to the cookie cutter/scratchy digital modern production. I don't think copy and pasting tracks and adding fake digital distortion is musical and suits the metal ethos. Using fake drums is bad enough.

My alt bass production video at the end is unmixed. Raw bass/guitar/drums with zero post processing. My sound was a basic bass example. You can add EQ pedals in front of the amp to create all sorts of sounds. Plus Guitar pedal effects often work way better than bass guitar pedals.

Thoughts? Don't take this too seriously. It's just like...my opinion man. I love me some youtubers.