Ahhh.

How does this feel to use the tascam since it doesn't show the name of the tracks or a VUmeter ? I have sold my bcf2000 cause it wasn't convenient for me having to think a lot each time to understand which fader is which track. I have found the lack of vumeter a pain in the ass, so how do you deal with it ?

Yep, agreed on can vs bottled.
Bottled tastes better every time

Beer is best when served fresh off tap at the proper temperature for it's style.

Temp Chart by Michael Jackson (not the "King of Pop"):

well chilled (7 °C/45 °F) for "light" beers (pale lagers); chilled (8 °C/46 °F) for Berliner Weisse and other wheat beers; lightly chilled (9 °C/48 °F) for all dark lagers, altbier and German wheat beers; cellar temperature (13 °C/55 °F) for regular British ale, stout and most Belgian specialities; and room temperature (15.5 °C/59.9 °F) for strong dark ales (especially trappist beer) and barley wine.

Even when I buy bottled (almost never buy canned beer except a few micro-brewed rarities that come in cans like Oskar Blues Dale's Pale ale, or New Belgium Fat Tire) I still always pour beer into a glass. Almost never drink from a bottle or a can and have been known to bring my own glassware to occasions serving beer. The right glassware for the beer can make quite a difference in the drinking experience (I have about 40 or so different pieces of glassware for beer drinking from goblets, pint and Pilsner glasses, stange and snifters for Barleywines, and tulips and Weizen glasses - all up to and including my collection of "Official" Oktoberfest steins).

Did I mention I'm also a home-brewer? While not doing it as much as I once did, I do at least two batches a year plus the occasional hard cider.

I've not brewed a batch since the spring, but have been getting the itch as of late for something - time to break out my "Beer Tools Pro" and come up with a recipe for something cool.

A little off topic, but good beer should be enjoyed to it's fullest and while "Miller" would not be my beer of choice, it's still a better choice than some of the fruity assed malt beverages out there.

Jind, I respect your beer conniouseur habits and obsessions, but you gotta realize that for a lot of people beer's primary purpose is a ticket to happyville, and I for one regularly do the redneck routine of a 24 oz can of Bud Light whenever I get out late from work or class, it's all about your priorities :D

Eric, sweet setup d00d, and I guess that's a Valvestate you snagged? And I see a distinct absence of Hellfire in that pic ;) (how's all that progressing, btw?)

Beer is best when served fresh off tap at the proper temperature for it's style
:headbang:

yeah for some people beer is just the way pass the time until you arrive at the party :D

during hot summertimes I like to drink this ine
BIE1023.jpg

which is beer with lemon. awesome, but also not really a "beer" :lol:
but I also think it tastes better of the bottle than the can.

and yeah Eric, what is up with the Hellfire, curious too!

Beer is best when served fresh off tap at the proper temperature for it's style.

Temp Chart by Michael Jackson (not the "King of Pop"):

Even when I buy bottled (almost never buy canned beer except a few micro-brewed rarities that come in cans like Oskar Blues Dale's Pale ale, or New Belgium Fat Tire) I still always pour beer into a glass. Almost never drink from a bottle or a can and have been known to bring my own glassware to occasions serving beer. The right glassware for the beer can make quite a difference in the drinking experience (I have about 40 or so different pieces of glassware for beer drinking from goblets, pint and Pilsner glasses, stange and snifters for Barleywines, and tulips and Weizen glasses - all up to and including my collection of "Official" Oktoberfest steins).

Did I mention I'm also a home-brewer? While not doing it as much as I once did, I do at least two batches a year plus the occasional hard cider.

I've not brewed a batch since the spring, but have been getting the itch as of late for something - time to break out my "Beer Tools Pro" and come up with a recipe for something cool.

A little off topic, but good beer should be enjoyed to it's fullest and while "Miller" would not be my beer of choice, it's still a better choice than some of the fruity assed malt beverages out there.

There's a guy on the UM Chat forum who's also a beer connoisseur and brews his own beer. Goes by the name nafnikufesin.

Speaking of Michael Jackson, ever tasted one of his favorites, the finnish sahti?

How does this feel to use the tascam since it doesn't show the name of the tracks or a VUmeter ? I have sold my bcf2000 cause it wasn't convenient for me having to think a lot each time to understand which fader is which track. I have found the lack of vumeter a pain in the ass, so how do you deal with it ?

When I need to, I do it old school and use console tape at the bottom, and write in the track with pencil. Otherwise, I just push one of the select buttons on the board, and it will show me in Reaper which one I'm about to move.

Never really had a problem with the VU meters, I just watch the ones onscreen. Having a dual monitor setup helps with this. I know they have a program for the US2400 that will put up a VU meter and scribble strip along the bottom of the screen for you, but I've never needed to use it.

Eric, sweet setup d00d, and I guess that's a Valvestate you snagged? And I see a distinct absence of Hellfire in that pic ;) (how's all that progressing, btw?)

Yep it's one of the 'good' valvestates, 8100 series.

The Hellfire is still sitting in the basement on the work bench. Still working out some minor bugs, and I haven't been home very much in the past 4 months due to all the Army schools I've been attending (just got back from Airborne, jumping out of planes!).

I'll get around to finishing it soon. And I already have a lower wattage amp design ready, based on the Hellfire preamp going in to a SE 6L6 power section. Should be good for about 5 watts, but be heavy as hell! Also going to have a hot rod JCM800 design, will be an awesome amp, but affordable since it won't have all the extra frills of the hellfire.

Jind, I respect your beer conniouseur habits and obsessions, but you gotta realize that for a lot of people beer's primary purpose is a ticket to happyville, and I for one regularly do the redneck routine of a 24 oz can of Bud Light whenever I get out late from work or class, it's all about your priorities :D

I don't work, but after my college and classes and shit I do like to relax with a nice can or two of Strongbow cider :D