John from Vehemence's guitar Setup.

VEHEMENCE

Helping The World To See
Jan 3, 2002
Phoenix, Arizona U.S.A.
www.myspace.con
Alright folks, this is the equipment that I personaly use for Vehemence's production. First off for home recording an d demo making I am now using the LINE 6 PODXT, it is equipt with excelent distortions and EQing ability and what sold me was the USB support which makes the LINE 6 upgradable every month fixing sounds, bugs, and adding new effects others make. I plan to use this with the recording program Cool Edit Pro 2.0. The Line 6 POD 2.0 was used on our upcomming new demos, but the Line 6 Pro (Rack) was used on our God Was Created Album.

LINE 6 PODXT
image3.jpg
  • 32 Legendary and Classic Amp Models
  • 22 Cab & 4 Mic models
  • 49 Stompbox and Studio Effects
  • Routing Options
  • 64 Channel Memories
  • Deep Editing
  • USB Digital I/O
  • Built-in Chromatic Tuner
  • Full MIDI Support/USB

Alright next off is the power head that I am using and that is also made by Line6. I use the LINE 6 Flextone II HD because it is louder than hell and using the rectified sound live shreds, it listens to the pick ups of your guitar and produces quality. Going direct out as well as microphoning it proves to be the perfect combination live! Click on the link to see the picture of the head, since it wouldnt post in this thread, I tried twice...

http://www.line6.com/images/templates/ProductImages/Flextone%20II%20HD(1).jpg
Underneath this bad boy, I choose to use the Marshall 1960 4x12 straight Marshall Cabinet/with Vintage 30 speakers in it. Some say that might be less loud compared to the JCM 900's, but it gives off great tone, and low end. If I were rich I would have two heads with 4 of theese cabinets, along with casings and everything.

1960unit.jpg

Alright for every shreding set up you MUST hav a Noise Gate of some sort and I use the Boss-NS2, without it, it makes me playing "I Must Not Live" a challange due to all the breaking stops throughout the song, ill start to look like Cerrito from Suffocation. Some people like it that way though, being their own noisegates, to each to their own I guess!

ns2.jpg

What sucks, is when the battery is low on this the Noise Gate will not fuction at ALL!!! It is confusing to take on the road, I find myself changing batterys after 3 shows just to be safe. An adapter is only good if it has a long cabel. I also like to keep this near my Line 6 floorboard because I turn it off when I really need some feedback control.

And last but not least my guitar...I will just post a picture of it here. It is called the American Handmade, Custom Beast made by B.C. Rich. I went through the same dealer that Slipknot, and Deicide goes through. Brian Hoffman from Deicide and creator of this guitar had a thing or 2 about my model. He said mine had 3 shims underneath the locking mechanism which should have been mesaured out like a Jackson guitar. He also said Jackson should have partnered up with B.C. Rich. because they make more solid guitars than Rich does now. Also said B.C.Rich built him 10 custom guitars, instead of giving him the credit for designing the guitar. That must have been fustrating but he got 10 guitars out of it! Here is a picture of me at Jersey Fest '03 playing with all the stuff, if you really want to see all my stuff in one picture go to our photos page. I couldnt post one with everything in it because those picturs are way big for this post. If any questions please email vehemence@brutladeath.net

John-MarchMetalMeltdown-Fest.jpg
Taken from the Vehemence website.
Equipment: Line 6 Flextone II Head w/Floorboard, Black B.C. Rich "The Beast"-6 String w/original Floyd Rose, Chrome hardware, Ebony Fretboard-2 EMG's 81 & 85 & neckthru, Marshall Vintage 30 4x12 cabinets, Boss NS-2 Pedal, Ebow

Yeah Im still scouting for another amp. I noticed they have Flextone III's at guitar center and now Im pissed that I only have the II's..,,..,Damn upgrades.,.heh heh

Hey Vehemence guys, maybe you can help me get a decent sound out of my POD. I haven't used it in months cuz it makes me want to kill.

I'd been using the Line 6 POD 2.0 with my 8-track but was never able to find a distortion setting that had enough "attack" if you know what I mean. It's been a while but I think I used the "6B" Dual-Rectifier setting but the slight delay/chorus made everything sound washed out and the tone lacked definition. When I just set the effects dial to bypass, however, it seemed to lose all its conviction + sounded damn thin. So basically I started using the Soldano clean channel (I think it was "9D") with my Metal Zone II for distortion. I also have a BOSS GE-7 Equalizer but I've only tried it live. I have a Custom USA Beast too but the 7-string version. That thing is a BITCH to play sitting down. I have permanent dents in my right leg and chest from the freakin points on that thing!

Anyway, my set-up needs help so I was hoping you could just run me by the POD settings you guys used on your demos and I'll check it out - what amp model, cabinet selection, output level, drive, bass/mid/treb, channel volume, if you use the signal "boosts" (hold "Manual" button and turn the chan vol knob or something), etc. Also, did you use your separate Noise Gate pedal w/ the POD or did you rely on the Noise Gate selection on the POD itself?

Thanks a lot for any help, sorry for all the questions :loco:. Can't wait till the next CD...hope it comes sooner than Jan 2004!!!

In the studio bands use about 2-4 amps to get the distortions/tones they need and run it all through a big mixer.

For my home distortion I use the PODXT settings on Dual Recto...I downloaded the distortion from the www.tonetransfer.com website that line 6 offers when connecting your POD to your home computer with an in/out MIDI to joystick cable.

Download all the drivers/and Java needed...and then you are set to go. You can EQ/Download others effects or whatever from the website.

My live set up as I mentioned above is different than my home recording sound.

It is better to take the time on the POD and get as much "everything" out of it as possible so you dont end up linking 5 different machines to it just to get the sound you want. The thing is supposed to be portable. Hope this anwers your question deathmetalrules. The computer is the way to go when you deal with the POD since you can store more of your own effects on the comp rather than keeping to the minimum of however many effects you can save on your POD. Sorry for not leaving any other alternitive, this is just what I would do.

Hey, how much did your Beast cost? And how well does it play and feel and all that happy horseshit? Cuz I been thinking about getting a custom BC Rich built and I'm trying to decide which model to go with: A Beast, Warlock, or an Ironbird. If you could let me know if a Beast is worth it, that would be a lot of help

The Custom Beast BC Rich I own is orginally $4000 but Metal Blade intervined and got it for me for $1200.

I worked with the same guy that works with Slipknot and Deicide named Mark Seaman from Ohio. The guitar plays great, but it is only used as a show guitar. At home I would prefer a strap shaped Jackson or ESP.

Which reminds me I really need to get away from my 7 string Ibanez RG backup at home guitar....urggh..

Well I didn't have to worry about that, considering the first guitar I've ever played was a nylon string, but I see what you're saying. I thought about buying one back in my nu-metal days, but luckily I realized that music was pure shite before I bought one:p

I dont know.,,. 7 strings opened up more doors for me,..., it gives me some wider apeggios and gives my rythm more balls,.,.,.i just need to get some better pickups in the bitch first,.,.and then it will sound delicous

edit: "sound delicous" .....oh boy..,:D

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: well, when i'm playing my rig at home i prefer to use the pod input channel to help the flow of the ohms through the proper frequency. if the ohms are properly modified through the input channel converter that you can download at www.amazon.com (where i do all of my important ohm modification downloading) the frequency can maintain a constant flat profile. as a result of my killer nine string yamazuka custom black belt late '97 model (the same one Lars Grishom from Bloody Scattered Vomit Chunks uses on the "Drinking Vomit Chunks" 7") and human tendon strings. the world will have to wait, though, for my musical prowess to be captured on vinyl (the only way to properly capture the phonetically enhanced polywaves emitted from the balanced pod input) due to the fact that i'm still waiting to purchase a replacement reverse rectifier to cyclically enhance the natural warmth of tendon strings.
maybe someday i'll put down something on an album.............heh :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: