John from Vehemence's guitar Setup.

John --

I've got a question about the Boss NS-2.

I have the same pedal, but I originally bought it when I was playing out of a combo amp with a Metal Zone pedal for my distortion.

Now, I have a 5150 half stack, using the head for distortion and no pedals of any sort. Can I still effectively use my NS-2 with this setup to cut down on noise? It appears that you are using it for your head's distortion, which I don't really understand. Do I just run the pedal in between the head and the cabinet?

Nugent Goes AOL said:
John --

I've got a question about the Boss NS-2.

I have the same pedal, but I originally bought it when I was playing out of a combo amp with a Metal Zone pedal for my distortion.

Now, I have a 5150 half stack, using the head for distortion and no pedals of any sort. Can I still effectively use my NS-2 with this setup to cut down on noise? It appears that you are using it for your head's distortion, which I don't really understand. Do I just run the pedal in between the head and the cabinet?

just run the pedal between your amp and guitar like any other pedal. the NS-2 is most effective FOR distortion. It just cuts back the unwanted noise/feedback. Should work great without any other pedals.

Just to post for the hell of it, I have also figured out, there is no reason to connect a noise gate ns-2 to your PODXT, because it gives it a humming digital noise plus doesnt work.

The Podxt has extreme Noise Gate settings already. Who knows why it doesnt work, but I figure its because it is very responsive machine. Reason why I tried, I just wanted to see what it would do.