AJA!!!

:err: :err: :err: :err: :err: C'mon, fess up Aja. What's up? Noticed you have been absent. Whatcho been up to????

Jim

She joined NASA?

spacewalk_sts41b.gif

Hi everyone- Well, I guess the cat's out of the bag! :)

Yes, the reason I've been away from the boards is that this past Sunday I tested for and achieved my black belt in the beautiful art of Shotokan karate.

It was a long 4 days, since before we are permitted to grade, we must attend what is called Special Training - which, in addition to the test itself that follows, is an important part of the grading process. It was incredible as well as incredibly challenging, both physically and mentally. o_O :zombie:
(If you're curious as to what exactly Special Training is, here's a link that can explain it and my school so much better than I can. http://www.ska.org )

Our grading was held at the Ohshima dojo in Santa Barbara (pictured on the homepage there) which made it an even more memorable and amazing experience because it's the first time that's happened for the first degree black belt test, so I got to be a little part of our history, as well.

Air Raid Siren said:
Hi everyone- Well, I guess the cat's out of the bag! :)

Yes, the reason I've been away from the boards is that this past Sunday I tested for and achieved my black belt in the beautiful art of Shotokan karate.

It was a long 4 days, since before we are permitted to grade, we must attend what is called Special Training - which, in addition to the test itself that follows, is an important part of the grading process. It was incredible as well as incredibly challenging, both physically and mentally. o_O :zombie:
(If you're curious as to what exactly Special Training is, here's a link that can explain it and my school so much better than I can. http://www.ska.org )

Our grading was held at the Ohshima dojo in Santa Barbara (pictured on the homepage there) which made it an even more memorable and amazing experience because it's the first time that's happened for the first degree black belt test, so I got to be a little part of our history, as well.

That's awesome Aja - you've worked so hard at it and totally deserve it. Many congrats!!!! :headbang: :D

Congratulations Aja! :headbang: I have heard tales of how challenging black belt testing can be.
4 day boot camp, oof. :zombie:

What no graduation picture? :saint:

Jim