Thanks to all who came to Kozmos!

Doodoobubbachuck

Maidens' drums
Aug 2, 2002
theironmaidens.com
Thank You to everyone who came out to Kozmos last night and to all our help too! It was a good night! A couple power glitches never hurt nobody! Wanda did a great job for her first gig w/the Maidens! It was odd looking into the crowd while playing and seeing Mel in the front row though! I thought I jumped the gun and was playing with the wrong band for a minute. hee hee. Thanks again for coming out and don't forget about San Diego next Friday!!!!

It was a great show! The crowd was so fired up! The friends I brought to the gig from Argentina were so impressed by your musicianship and how faithful you are to the material... and these are hardcore Maidenites... Good job as always, technical difficulties and all.....
Dowright, the original Metal band that opened the show was awesome... I went and bought two cds and will be posting a review on the Metal Hall...
I was never a fan of Def Leppard, so I'll reserve judgement on Hystoria :)

Well I made it back to Phoenix in one piece after driving all night after the show. If anyone wondered what it was like to see the Maidens play in the dark, last night was that night, ha ha. I think my video turned out poorly but I haven't watched it yet. Did you finish that chicken salad today Nikki/Linda? That thing was huge! :) Now that's my kind of place to eat.

Wow, it was really strange watching The Maidens play Saturday night. My first thought was "Holy shiiyyaaatttttt, this is a KILLer Iron Maiden tribute!" If I didn't know any of them, I would be at the front row of all their shows anyway -- what a great band! :eek: My second thought was "Hey, I can finally watch Linda!" And my third thought was "wow, i never noticed Jojo made a lot of guitar faces when she played".:D

I thought Wanda did an excellent job and won over the Maiden fans with her bass prowess. The feedback I received from people in the audience was all very positive! go girl!

And I caught a drumstick at my very first Maidens show!!! :) I was waiting around for Linda to sign it afterwards, but she was very busy tearing down, and I had a bunch of people waiting for me at Denny's (The Last Chicken Strips(TM) ) :(

I was very pleased to see Hystoria's debut -- I thought they did an awesome job, and it was great to see Wrathchild's VirtualAdrian(TM) back on stage again and our very own Eddie (RJ) clad in Joe Elliot attire and nailing the vocal parts. The rhythm section was very solid, and my bass bud Glenn "Sav" Cannon is hella charismatic on stage.

I missed Downright altogether, unfortunately...

definitely an awesome show! I'm just wondering how I can score a license plate frame without having to attend the Canes show... hehehhehh...

The chicken salad got kinda soggy, so it still sits in the fridge as I type. Glad you made it home safely Heenan! Mel, I will bring a lic.plate frame to Jen to add to your stash pile on Tues. Smylex..THANK YOU again for the great stix! I will have to get a pic to our lovely webmaster pronto to show everyone what you want me to use on you at the next gig!!!! Hehehehe!!!

Originally posted by Doodoobubbachuck
Smylex..THANK YOU again for the great stix! I will have to get a pic to our lovely webmaster pronto to show everyone what you want me to use on you at the next gig!!!! Hehehehe!!!

:yow: (runs away)

Also, was it just me, or was anyone else wanting to do a Peter Steele (Type O Negative) impersonation and say through the mic, "Soundman! Soundman! Yeah, wake up, Stupid!"

The Iron Maidens ROCK! Thanks for letting us open the show for you guys. And thank you all that showed up early to see the Downright set. We really had a blast playing with Hystoria and the Maidens. You ladies put us guys to shame! The musicianship is outstanding... and you guys look sexy and hot while shredding, too!
Please let us know whenever you guys need an opening band again... we'll be there in a heartbeat.
Thanks again (Jenny, you rule!)
Javier
http://www.downrightband.com

Wish I could have been there...

... I had to work that night too. (Work?)

Sounds like the show was off the hook (as they say in the hood).

Kozmos, IMs, Downright, Bassist's Debut - all in one night?!

Man that's a recipe for a damn good time.

What's up Javier? That was a great set the week before at the Next Door Bar & Grill (Fullerstoned) - Keep Kicking Ass!

See you all very very soon...

Yeah, I thought Downright was really good. Cool vocal hooks- and your guitar tones were tuff, thick vintage yo. That was so rock star how your singer showed up, plugged in, and kicked ass. The bass and drums have a cool behind the beat groove that I love. I listened to your stuff at http://www.downrightband.com/ HELL YEAH! Damn, how come I didn't get a CD from your merch table?!!!!!

OK, I found in this threat the answer to a question I wanted to ask: have you found someone to replace Mel?

Will you introduce Wanda on your website anytime soon?

Will she be called Steve Heiress too? ;) :p