Akercocke - Antichrist

Crimson Death

El Basilisco
Jan 24, 2002
Israel
:OMG::kickass:

I am at a loss of words at how fantastic and return to form this album is. Some of their best songs yet. And while there are and there parts that don't click, like in their album Words that Go Unspoken, Deeds that Go Undone, the majority of songs pull it off grand with lots of hooks and eargasms. The song Summon the Antichrist can be streamed here: http://www.myspace.com/akercockeantichrist

the production is freaking horrible. Can't stand it. Did they just pull a Ulver or what?

What are you talking about? Also, its a myspace clip so the quality is reduced a great deal, but Ulver? Production sounds fine to me.

Summon the Antichrist sounded pretty awesome to me. One of the few death/black metal bands I still listen to with any frequence.

Cool for them. I'll make judgement when I've heard it. Honestly though, the whole album could have the quality of that myspace clip and it wouldnt bother me.

Actually, the farther I get into this album, the more I realize that Summon The Antichrist doesn't really belong on it at all.

This album is getting pretty damn good.