Akercocke

a phantastic band. they get better with every release. 'Words...' is awesome, one of the best releases last year

First one I bought was Goat of Mendes, and thought it was really cool. Then I bought their first one and sort of put them aside. When Words That Go Unspoken... came out I bought it right away because of the sale price. I was blown away by the third listen. So different from the first couple discs. I recently got Choronzon, and that one is great, too.
I highly suggest Words That Go Unspoken, definitely one of my favorite discs these days.

Solid band, they have some good stuff alright. "Words That Go Unspoken...." is a killer album, I love "Leviathan". The singer has a good growl on him too.

Opethian666 said:
I wouldn't listen to a band that named itself after Mike's penis.

That's the first thing I thought of when I saw their name. I tried reading through the novel of an autobiography that the drummer wrote for their website, and I didn't really get the story behind the name.

I think Akercocke is good, and I definitely think "Words That Go Unspoken..." is their best release. I haven't heard "Rape of the Bastard Nazarene" though. But "Words..." has some pretty cool ideas on it, especially with some of the instruments they use towards the middle of the album. I guess it's good to see that bands can broaden their palette without having to just add a keyboardist...

JoeVice said:
there is a total of approximately 4 minutes of music that i like in wgudgu.
your taste in music is shit. every thread contains some comment like this from you. seriously.

"Words That Go Unspoked.." is a great album by a great band, one of my faves. Oh and Ackercocke is the name of the monkey in Faust.

Black Rose said:
"Words That Go Unspoked.." is a great album by a great band, one of my faves. Oh and Ackercocke is the name of the monkey in Faust.

Really? I guess I should have read my copy of Faust instead of just letting it adorn my shelf, haha. Thanks!

yeah i just got wtgudtgu i thought i was realy good, tho the prduction was poor, the guitars wer too upfront with no depth.

Dreadful said:
words that go unspoken is pretty cool. The production sucks balls because they refuse to let go of their black metal past, but I learned to listen past it. remind me of lykathea aflame

Are you talking about Word's production? I can understand if you mean ROTBN and GOM's production..

Personally they're one of my favourite bands, and they're brilliant people too. They frequent their forums regularly and are brilliant with their fans. When they supported Opeth, i personally think they out did them!

If you're new to Akercocke, Buy backwards from "words that go unspoken..."

opeth_353 said:
Are you talking about Word's production? I can understand if you mean ROTBN and GOM's production..

Personally they're one of my favourite bands, and they're brilliant people too. They frequent their forums regularly and are brilliant with their fans. When they supported Opeth, i personally think they out did them!

If you're new to Akercocke, Buy backwards from "words that go unspoken..."

Can you give me a link to these forums you speak of? o_O