Acercocke

Let's just call them satanic metal and leave it at that.

They're a band that sound good upon early listens but quickly grow dull and repetitive. You can do better.

EVH316 said:

They're a band that sound good upon early listens but quickly grow dull and repetitive. You can do better.

all metal gets pretty dull and repetative anyway. i can only think of a few handfuls of contemporary metal bands which would surpass akercocke to a dull-proof level as it is, so what are we really talking about here?

EVH316 said:

Satanic metal is hardly a qualification. I think that, as is the case with any band, if you don't listen to them too much within the first few weeks then they won't be too tired. I've actively tried to not listen to them too much, because on first listen I enjoyed it so much that I knew that this was a band I could listen to for days straight. Probably the best album of 2005 for me.

Liquid Diamonds said:
^^ I know!!
Especially after David Gray has just practically had an orgasm saying 'Ohhhhhh... EVERYTHING I do... is for Satan...'

That dvd has so many funny quotes, you could fill many pages with them!
Yeah! They should bring out another DVD, it would be so funny.

A full feature length spoof documentary, in that style, would actually probably become a cult comedy hit. And also garner them some massive exposure. The BBC would probably show it late-night. It's a great idea!

CAIRATH said:

:lol:. excellent!

Paul Scanlan: Why am I even here? I just wanted to play death metal... And stop staring at my Plant hair! :erk:

Jason Mendonca: Hmmm... I'm rather enjoying this!

Bass player (forget his name lol): Haha, very funny, you can fuck off with the camera now....

David Gray, as usual, just looks like a complete and total prick. But in a funny way!

Musicianship = awesome
Vocals = more annoying than Dream Theater fans
Lyrics = more pointless than a fat kid buying running shoes

Nah i won't leave yet, the gig will be starting around 8.00pm :p :deliberate misunderstanding:

The gig that.. You won't be attending .. Oh.. shit.. sorry, shouldn't mention it ;)
:jerk X2: