Akercocke

all_sins_undone

New Metal Member
Oct 5, 2005
So I just got Words That Go Unspoken, Deeds That Go Undone, and I'm really impressed. What do you think of Akercocke? (I plan on getting Akercocke's other albums right away)

Sorry, I think they're overrated. Linear riffs which stand well by themselves but the songs come across as a collection of unrelated themes. Listening to this makes me feel like i'm tuning my radio dial from one station to another.

hibernal_dream said:
Sorry, I think they're overrated. Linear riffs which stand well by themselves but the songs come across as a collection of unrelated themes. Listening to this makes me feel like i'm tuning my radio dial from one station to another.
Akercocke is hardly rated... overrated?

Anyways, you're saying the individual riffs are great, but the album doesn't hold together? That's hardly a reason to dislike them :(

hibernal_dream said:

ON AN OPETH FORUM!!! LMFAO

You're probably right. :) But given there's thousands of bands out there that can write great riffs, its hardly a reason to like them either.

Anyway, you asked for my opinion an i gave it. If you enjoy it that's great - go and buy their albums! :)

EDIT: NFU, suck my balls.

I don't like them very much. Sounds like run of the mill heavy metal with some decent stuff every once and a while. The vocals are funny.

Christ nfu, I generally agree with a majority of what you have to say, but you don't have to post a rebuttal every single time someone says something you don't like.

words that go unspoken is pretty cool. The production sucks balls because they refuse to let go of their black metal past, but I learned to listen past it. remind me of lykathea aflame

NineFeetUnderground said:
theyre definitely better than you.
nej!
i saw these guys once and well, ill tell ya what! the words "Large amount of LAME" come to mind...the vocals were terrible, the music uninspired and well in the words of Mr. Horse: "No sir, I didnt like it!" :zombie:

Great band, but this is like the 80000000^10000th thread we've had about them, coming close to rivaling all the Tool threads.

The songs actually do flow quite well. Tracks 8 and 9 are a bit contrived, but the first seven songs on the album are outstanding. One of the best of 2005 for sure.

Maharet said:
nej!
i saw these guys once and well, ill tell ya what! the words "Large amount of LAME" come to mind...the vocals were terrible, the music uninspired and well in the words of Mr. Horse: "No sir, I didnt like it!" :zombie:

im very glad i dont have your taste, that must be unfortunate.

Awesome band, only started to really appreciate them recently after years of hearing stuff and not getting into it. Glad to say they kick arse.

Gotta be one of the most interesting, original and talented bands out there.

Saw them live supporting Opeth last year and was excited, because they are highly rated by Opeth forum types. Didn't get what the fuss was about from just the live performance, but then I always enjoy any band ^10 if I actually know the songs when I see them play. I think I will order one of their CDs - any consensus on the best one to get?