Akercocke

Lasse

Jun 17, 2004
Okay, so I just put on Akercocke's album "Words that go unspoken, deeds that go undone" and I just feel like crushing something. Is this normal? I'm in fucking AWE!
How come this band is quite overlooked?

Check out their albums Antichrist and Choronzon then if you liked Words..

And i don't really think they're overlooked.. Not sure where you live though. In England they're not overlooked i'd say..

I never read shit about them, maybe cause i live in Norway, so basically I don't read shit about anything:erk:

Choronzon onwards are all great albums. I'd say words is my favorite, with a fair tie between Antichrist and Choronzon. Words would be one of my favorite metal albums hands down. At first I didn't love the new one, but over time I actually think it might be a bit better than Choronzon. Either way, one of my favorite metal bands. Saw them live here in Melbourne, one of the best gigs I've been to period. As for overlooked, they have a fair bit of exposure nowadays, and after that crap in Ireland, even more as well as having 3 albums in a row fairly well received by fans and critics alike.

Yeah, Antichrist is probably my second favourite record of theirs now. When i was first listening to the album i was thinking 'this is a step back to death metal brutality' .. But it's got quite a few bits that surpass even Words.. My Apterous Angel is fucking amazing. Very different. Very good.

i still put Words That Go.... above everything else they've done without hesitation. it's one of my favorite metal albums. i would however put antichrist over choronzon.

Words is their best, crunchy and punchy and brutal as fuck. Althougth maybe if the production of the Antichrist was better it may have been their best.

funny cuz our msn conversation said you thought antichrist was far better than words because words had parts that just didnt work. Or have you seen the light? Clearly the light.

i think you've mistaken me with someone else, i've always thought words was better, i even remember feeling slightly disappointed upon the release of antichrist (because to me it paled in comparison to words). fyi.